In business for over 30 years, our client is a very successful company that has evolved from a traditional textile company into an engineered materials business, focused on highly technical, high-quality fabrics. They offer their employees many benefits and have a culture of support and empowerment. It is truly a very positive and supportive place to work.
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager who would be responsible for the raw materials, services and supplies necessary for the operation of one of the companies’ divisions. In this role you would also supervise the maintenance of records of purchases, delivery dates, vendors, costs and other resources. Additional responsibility to facilitate remedies for defective or unacceptable goods or services to recoup necessary expenses owed to company.
• Establish partnerships with all divisional suppliers
• Negotiate with suppliers to reduce total supply chain inventory
• Work collaboratively with plant personnel to development metrics for gauging inventory level needs and maintaining levels throughout the year
• Assist in managing obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses
• Formulate, announce and implement purchasing operating policies and procedures
• Pursue supplier issues for timely resolution and responsibility
• Order and inventory management responsibility for all bulk chemicals
• Order responsibility for items such as: cartons, stretch films, pallets, misc. packing supplies
• Market tracking and forecasting for division market items (rayon, cotton, polyethylene, polypropylene)
• Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower costs
• Manage day to day purchasing activities and departmental personnel
• Assist accounts payable with pricing, use-tax reporting, receipts, etc.
• Maintain daily NYMEX natural gas profile
• Manage ISO procedures related to purchasing and ensure compliance
• Issue corrective action reports to external/internal customer base as needed
• Manage additions and maintenance of Authorized Supplier List
• Monitor credit checking for applicable vendors
• Manage contracts for uniforms, rodent/insect control, faxes/copiers and other related items
• Bachelor’s degree in textile or related field required
• Knowledge and understanding of the textile industry, its manufacturing technologies, fibers, fabrics and finishes is a plus
• 8-10 years of purchasing/manufacturing/textile experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
• Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills
• Proven ability to collect and condense a broad range of information and provide concise reports for use by various managers
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; and ability to understand key customer/operations issues
• Quick study, particularly with respect to planning and operational concepts
• Effective organization and planning skills
• Self-motivated, with exceptional follow-through
• Drive, passion, high energy; comfortable in fast-paced work environment
• Challenges the norm; not afraid to think out of the box
• Evidence of continued personal and professional growth and development
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.