Order Fulfillment Supervisor
This leading US Owned, Home Fashions/Bedding company, has been a leader in the industry for over 30 years is looking for an Order Fulfillment Supervisor for their facility in north central North Carolina.
Competitive salary including full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
The Order Fulfillment (Routing) Supervisor directs and managers all routing activities to ensure timely shipping of orders to the customers as well as trains and supports the daily activities of the Order Fulfillment (Routing) Associates to meet shipping schedules. The role requires leadership by example regarding all policies and procedures, exhibiting positive leadership skills, overseeing Order Fulfillment Associates performance to ensure quality expectations, adhere to mandated inventory procedures, and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the plant employees from top management to hourly associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day activities related to the shipment and delivery of products to our customers
• Prioritize and utilize resources in the most effective manner
• Work independently as well as collaborate with multi-functional teams
• Effective utilization of various programs and systems such as Oracle, Customer Systems, Excel
• Promote a Lean Manufacturing Culture
Order Fulfillment Supervisor Duties:
• Coordinate with Production and Inventory to ensure material and production availability
• Ensure all Routing documents are completed according to customer specific guidelines in a timely manner
• Ensure that all processes are documented and proficiency in each task is observed. Schedule and perform training and cross training among staff members to ensure coverage for absences, employee turnover and job enrichment of staff members
• Ensure routing of orders is done timely and following routing guides as required by each customer. Report on orders not shipped on time and ensure effective communication is maintained in regard to order status
• Periodic audits of Routing Paperwork
• Coordinate with Production Manager when product will be ready for shipment
• Ensure that LTL shipments are scheduled timely
• Ensure compliance to customer’s shipping and handling instructions and procedures
• Research orders that did not ship on time and help determine cause and assist in developing procedures to prevent these problems in the future
• Communicate with Customers, Trucking Company, front office and Corporate office regarding status of shipments
• Ensure that proper documentation is being sent to the Corporate office in a timely manner according to guidelines
• Other duties as required
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• 5 years in Leadership role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred
• 5+ years working in routing or distribution of high-volume industry
• Bachelors or equivalent education and experience
• Strong ERP skills with experience with Oracle strongly preferred Experience and Proficiency in Competencies necessary to be successful in role:
• Strong Organization and Prioritization skills
• Exceptionally Detail Oriented
• Leadership and Team Development
• Accountability and Responsibility
• Strong Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Drives for Results
• Customer Focused (Internal and External)
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Integrity and Professionalism
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.