eCommerce Operations Supervisor
Fast growing $600M Home Textile Company – US owned and US Manufacturing looking for an eCommerce Operations Supervisor for their 300K sq. foot facility 30 minutes north of the Raleigh/Durham area. This position reports to the eCommerce and Operations Manager. Company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits with 401K, relocation assistance and career advancement opportunities available.
The eCommerce Supervisor will direct three parts of eCommerce business: Amazon, Direct-to-Consumer dropship shipping and coordinate with B2B business in a manufacturing location. This role is regularly the leader within the operation in managing Finished Goods Inventory, Distribution processes and key performance metrics to maximize departmental productivity. The person in this role will be expected to successfully lead a team in training, development and performance management regarding company and customer policies, fulfillment quotas, and accuracy standards.
This position places a strong significance on effective teamwork, clear communication, sound judgment, initiative, safety orientation, reliability and a strong work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure direct reports are properly trained to increase the workflow of direct-to-consumer shipping line(s) accurately and in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Ensure all safety procedures and practices are being followed
- Ensure appropriate levels of staffing is maintained to handle the scheduled volume of eCommerce department. Adjust staffing levels and hours of work as necessary to ensure department is run cost effectively
- Assist and support operations in open B2B Ecommerce bulk orders to ensure the shipping team is shipping complete and whole orders
- Maintain and supervise accuracy standards to ensure unit inventory integrity. Ensure each carton is scanned into location and scanned onto the trucks or dropships. Follow up on any discrepancies and perform physical counts as required
- Align with business partners to resolve issues, optimize process and flow, and ensure we are hitting internal and customer success metrics
- Be the supporting agent of change and continuous improvement for the team and department
- Ensure continuous training and development of personnel
- Contribute in achieving OTD levels of 98%+ for e-commerce customers
- Other duties as required
Leads by example spending time on “Gemba” conducting observations for the identification and removal of waste in the warehouse process, taking into consideration people safety, material handling, resources uptime.
- Direct reports include hourly associates: Leads, Inventory Specialists, Material Operators, and Distribution Associates
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing, warehouse and/or distribution facility
- Experience in Oracle or similar systems directed to support e-commerce operations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or 6-Sigma Principles
- Experience in Inventory Control and Warehouse Management Systems
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills: Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP software (Oracle preferred)
Experience and Proficiency in Competencies necessary to be successful in role:
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Establishing Relationships
- Results Focused
- Managing Performance
- Engaging Associates & Team Leadership
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.