We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) and growing company with multiple locations in the US and UK that designs, engineers, and manufacturers specialty textiles and fabrics for a wide range of industries in the defense, aerospace, automotive, medical, personal protection, filtration, hi-performance, sports, and industrial sectors. Products include woven and non-woven fabrics, coating and lamination for fire protection, thermal insulation/protection, electrical current protection, moisture-absorbency, high flexibility, and many more applications.
Due to growth and a recent promotion, the company has a need for a Process Engineer in one of the company’s North Carolina facilities (near Winston – Salem, Greensboro, High Point) and will report to the Department Manager. There are growth opportunities due to growth and acquisition and the company offers a competitive base salary with generous benefits.
The Process Engineer provides technical support for an assigned process or product line by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Develops programs and/or methods to optimize producibility and to reduce cycle time, manufacturing losses, and overall costs
- Assures process or product adheres to the company quality program and plans by performing audits and recommending corrective actions
- Monitors and measures manufacturing losses and develops new techniques to reduce losses and improve quality
- Recommends and implements changes to product or process to improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in our industry/industries
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors
- Reporting Structure:
- This job reports to a Department Manager and may be part of a larger team that includes one other Process Engineer
- This job shares supervisory responsibilities for a team of wage associates
- Responsibilities include coaching/training, managing time and attendance, and ensuring operational performance
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- MS Office Suite proficiency w/ strong Excel skills, ERP and Project Management systems experience is a plus
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- 2+ years of Engineering experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.