Manufacturing Shift Manager
We are working with the leading supplier (Extrusion and Spinning) of Nylon 66 and Polyester for use as Sewing Threads, Broadloom Weaving, Narrow Fabrics and Tapes, Embroidery, Cording, etc. for Footwear, Apparel, Medical, Military, Aerospace, Luggage, Fishing Nets/Lines, Rubber Mechanical Goods, and Automotive Products. US production made of 100% US made raw materials for domestic and international customers. The company is looking for a Manufacturing Shift Manager for their facility in northern North Carolina.
The Shift Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the department/shift, which would include motivating employees to create a quality product in a teamwork environment. The manager should run an effective and efficient department/shift.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Providing leadership by communicating and organizing job assignments in a fair and consistent manner
- Providing feedback using good communications and written skills to each employee in expectations and job performance along with communicating pertinent information to superiors
- Overseeing that the conduct procedures and policies are carried out to standards
- Motivating employees and assists each employee with any job-related issues by using good interpersonal skills while establishing a good team environment
- Maintaining safety and housekeeping standards
- Monitoring quality issues and labor costs within the area of responsibility and communicating these issues to the appropriate manager
- Having the ability to resolve conflicts and handle difficult employees
- Ensures employees have adequate supplies and operating equipment
- Completes all written communications in a timely manner, (PAF’s, merit increases, job performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Stops and starts departmental operations as required
- Perform machine item changes as needed (Activate and Deactivate MO’s)
- High School Diploma/GED. Two- or four-year degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and Operational Experience
- Computer literacy with Microsoft office
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.