This US owned Textile Mill has been in business for 50+ years and has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly do Upholstery and Industrial Textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with quality people and solid benefits.
The company has an opening for a Manufacturing Manager in one of their yarn facilities located in North Central North Carolina. This is a traditional 1st shift Monday through Friday with expectations of weekend drop ins to check on production – with additional supplemental income between $250 to $600/day depending on ½ or full day weekend work. This position reports to the Plant Manager and offers competitive salary, bonus, relocation assistance, and a signing bonus equivalent to 1 month salary.
Manage aspects of the manufacturing operation regarding safety, quality and productivity to maximize efforts in production.
- Participate and promote safety process and programs, oversee Supervisor incident investigation procedure
- Interact with QA and coordinate production efforts to continually improve quality efforts
- Assertively marshal all resources to maximize production
- Daily: review production goals and whether these were met, evaluating contributing factors, good or bad with the appropriate action, corrective or re-enforcement
- Communicate with shift managers on policy changes, production scheduling, labor issues, job assignments, etc. to optimize production efforts
- Participate in production and maintenance scheduling
- Oversite of production staffing, determine short/long term labor issues and associated resolution
- Act as a resource and or lead when atypical problems or issues arise for front line Shift Managers/Section Leaders
- Develop, coach, maintain frontline manager staff and all other direct assigns using internal and external resources
- Insure good housekeeping throughout the facility
- Represent the facility internally and externally as needed
- Secondary education (4year degreed program)
- Four years of increasingly responsible positions within a textile manufacturing facility and or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Yarn Manufacturing experience preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.