Logistics & Planning Manager
Growing Home Textile Company – US owned and US Manufacturing looking for a Logistics & Planning Manager. Position based in North Carolina and reports to the Senior Warehouse/DC Manager. Company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
The Logistics/Planning Manager leads and manages the Logistics and Planning departments to ensure that Production Schedule and Orders requested by customers are optimized to maintain high on time delivery and efficiency on the production floor as well as manage all routing activities to ensure timely shipping of orders to the customers to meet shipping schedules.
S/he ensures the company remains a leader in the industry in terms of having world class operations by establishing and maintaining a culture of high performance and associate engagement. S/he will recommend, implement, and support best-in-class business practices, policies and procedures for operations in their manufacturing, warehouse and distribution center.
S/he requires leadership by example regarding all policies and procedures, exhibiting positive leadership skills, and overseeing the Scheduling, Logistics and Planning teams as appropriate for the location to adhere to mandated inventory procedures. S/he reports to the Sr Warehouse and DC Manager and provides strong support to approximately 2-3 direct reports and approximately 10 indirect reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day activities related to the shipment and delivery of products to our customers
• Prioritize and utilize resources in the most effective manner
• Work independently as well as collaborate with multi-functional teams
• Effective utilization of various programs and systems such as Oracle, Customer Systems, Excel
• Promote a Lean Manufacturing Culture
• Analyze and keep the production scheduling process to optimize production output and lower labor costs while maintaining a high on-time delivery and service
• Analyze weekly/monthly Sales Orders/Forecast against Production Capacity to ensure all Customer orders are fulfilled
• Collaborate with Production department to schedule production of orders and resolve any capacity/production issues
• Liaison between the Sales Department and Production Department. Ensuring all orders are shipped complete and on time
• Monitors, tracks, and reports performance to Production Schedule Attainment
• Participate and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the organization
• Maintain all System generated Work Orders. Responsible for the daily updating of Work Orders relating to the Status, Ship Dates, Production Dates, Cancel Dates and Routing
• Communicate and provide order status directly to customers
• Daily interaction with the following Departments:
o Purchasing on materials issues
o Inventory Control on inventory shortages
o Planning regarding projection accuracies
o Compliance on customer charge backs
o Accounts Receivable regarding customers on credit hold and pre-paid orders
o Quality regarding Product Specifications and product classifications
• Manages Scheduling Team, Planner, and Logistics team as appropriate for the location
• Generate daily and weekly manufacturing reports
• Keep and maintain the KPIs
• Ensure that all processes are documented and proficiency in each task is observed
• Schedule and perform training and cross training among staff members to ensure coverage for absences, employee turnover and job enrichment of staff members
• Ensure routing of orders is done timely and following routing guides as required by each customer. Report on orders not shipped on time and ensure effective communication is maintained in regard to order status
• Ensure compliance to customer’s shipping and handling instructions and procedures
• Research orders that did not ship on time and help determine cause and assist in developing procedures to prevent these problems in the future
• Communicate with Customers, Trucking Company, front office and corporate office regarding status of shipments
• Ensure that proper documentation is being sent to the corporate office in a timely manner according to guidelines
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelors or equivalent education and experience
• 5 years in Leadership role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred
• Strong Scheduling skills including Kanban
• 5+ years working in logistics scheduling or distribution of high volume industry
• Strong ERP skills with experience with Oracle strongly preferred
• Computer skills: strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Advanced Excel skills preferred
• Transformational experience leading Warehouse and Inventory department and teams through change and critical business lifecycle events
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.