We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) leading designer, marketer, and manufacturer of innovative textiles for medical and consumer markets. The company manufacturers medical textile solutions that promote mobility, protection, and comfort. ISO 13485 Certified with multiple US locations and part of a global organization with numerous patents and brands for kids and adults.
The company is looking for a Quality Manager for their southern North Carolina facility (east of Charlotte and west of Fayetteville).
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Quality Lab and management of the Quality Technicians. Using Quality Engineer principles work with manufacturing managers to improve manufacturing processes and helping ensure adequate process controls to maintain or improve product quality. Support the Quality and Regulatory Manager in maintaining the Company’s Quality Management System. Report directly to Quality and Regulatory Manager.
- Leads, provides direction, and manages Quality Technicians
- Manage manufacturing process and product related non conformances (NCRs) including raw materials, in-process products, and finished product. Review testing reports and disposition according to specifications
- Initiate, facilitate, and manage Corrective Action Meetings because of NCRs. Includes working with Purchasing for Supplier related Corrective Actions
- Participate in Design Transfer activities by reviewing proposed specifications, work instructions, and other documents resulting from Research and Development. Conduct training to new documents as required
- Review and propose edits to existing work instructions and assist in the drafting of new work instructions specific to the Quality lab, specifically work instructions for testing product
- In cooperation with process owners, operators, and Document Control help create validation protocols for new machinery. Manage validation program and create and/or approve reports
- Manage the facilities, measurement equipment calibrations, generate supplier performance reports, and ensure the Quality Technicians are trained per the established training plans for the department as applicable
- Generate scrap reports and email to appropriate stakeholders, Review scrap reports for trends or recuring issues as needed. Update the Production Report and monthly productivity report with required scrap and Quality Lab performance data
- Active member and participant in the Company’s Process Improvement Program, including managing companywide 5S initiatives
- Responsible for establishing the budget for areas of responsibility and managing expenses, cost controls and resources for these areas
- Actively participate in the weekly Production meeting & active leader in the facility’s meetings as applicable
- Other duties as required
- Engineering/Technical/Business Associates required or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality function or combination of experience & education
- Previous experience as a Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead
- Lean Manufacturing certifications preferred, but not required
- Proficient in the use of a wide variety of computer applications
Seeing general, close vision, color perception, hearing/listening, standing, walking, typing, sitting, clear-speech-complex, works alone, works with others, verbal contact with others, face-to-face contact, reading-complex, writing-complex, analyzing, math skills, judgment, decision making, negotiating skills, perceptions/comprehension, computer, keyboard, calculator.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.