Assistant Plant Manager
We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) leading designer, marketer, and manufacturer of innovative textiles for the medical and consumer markets. The company manufacturers medical textile solutions that promote mobility, protection, and comfort. ISO 13485 Certified with multiple US locations and part of a global organization with numerous patents and brands for kids and adults.
Due to growth and succession planning, the company is looking for an Assistant Plant Manager for their Southern North Carolina facility – east of Charlotte and west of Fayetteville, NC.
The company offers a competitive compensation package, Annual Bonus Opportunity, Competitive Benefits that include medical, dental, & vision insurances, 401K with company match, Family Atmosphere, Paid Time Off Program, Volunteer Program, Educational Assistance, an Employee Referral Program, and additional career growth opportunities.
This position will have direct management responsibility for the Knitting and Sewing areas of the facility, with additional leadership throughout the plant in continuous improvement, leading or mentoring project teams and identifying and implementing process improvements. While working with the Plant Manager in an “ever changing” environment, additional duties will include fostering a mentality of creating value and buy-in within the organization at all levels and within all plant functions, including training and working with other management personnel on a daily basis.
- Effectively manage and mentor plant personnel in the Knitting and Sewing departments, including Supervisors and Leads in these areas, with additional involvement and mentoring throughout the entire plant, as required
- Work with the Plant Manager in implementing training, outlining expectations & providing timely employee feedback on performance
- Play a key leadership role in the implementation of plant initiatives
- Help drive a culture of continuous improvement through the training, use and implementation of Lean Methodologies and Six Sigma
- Work with the Plant Manager, Production Planning & Production Managers on production leveling and daily production flow
- Work with the Plant Manager in estimating machine and manpower capacity, production times and staffing requirements
- Work directly with Quality Management in supporting the Company’s ISO 13485 registration and overall Quality system, including actively participating and supporting the ISO process and all FDA requirements
- Responsible for establishing and managing the budget for areas of responsibility
- Responsible for all department personnel, including but not limited to, direct involvement in the interview process, review process and timely feedback to associates, including timely disciplinary action to improve performance when required, and advancement and promotion of associates
- Provide direction to Supervisors and Leads, and all Knitting and Sewing department personnel, to include prioritization of work, quality related issues, priority of machines and other items as they arise
- Maintain attendance records
- Responsible for product quality, accuracy and completion of work according to due dates & priorities
- Hold daily department meetings to discuss quality and product related issues. Provide an open dialogue for input from associates that improves quality and operational efficiency
- Provide input into cost savings, improvements in quality and improvements in processes
- Work with and direct the department Leads and Supervisors in scheduling work of department personnel
- Conduct or direct cycle counts of parts and raw materials, as applicable
- Participate in plant-wide initiatives, events to include outside visitors and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Engineering, Business, or similar technical field required
- 4+ years professional management experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably textiles
- Six Sigma preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP experience preferred
- ISO 9001, 13485 or similar experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility, preferred
- Proven results-based leadership skills with the ability to manage & develop employees
- Effective communication skills, both written & verbal
- Proficient in lean methodologies including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.