Growing Home Textile Company – US owned and US Manufacturing looking for a Distribution Manager. Position based in North Carolina and reports to the Senior Warehouse and DC Manager. Company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
The Distribution Manager will direct the Distribution Center in their North Carolina facility. S/he will coach and develop a high performing team tasked with ensuring that the daily activities are driving desired results in all areas of customer satisfaction (on-time delivery, order completeness, shipment quality), operating efficiency, and safety.
S/he ensures the company remains a leader in the industry in terms of having world class distribution operations and customer service by establishing and maintaining a culture of high performance and associate engagement. S/he will recommend, implement, and support best-in-class business practices, policies and procedures for operations in a large manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution Center.
S/he reports to the Sr Warehouse and DC Manager and provides strong support to approximately 2 direct reports and 30 indirect reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of planning, organizing, and directing of all Distribution related activities
• Maintain accuracy of inventory through good warehouse practices and discipline
• Collaborate with production management to ensure finished goods inventories are maintained at optimal levels
• Manage in an efficient manner the space allocated for the Finished Goods and Raw Material used in the factory
• Oversee Finished Goods inventory accuracy process to include every carton is scanned into location and scanned onto the trucks for shipment. Follow up on any discrepancies direct/oversee physical counts as required
• Designs and directs the workflow of the team. Selects, coaches, and develops direct reports and oversees, provide direction and ensure follow-through of coaching and development for distribution team
• Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance– recognizing achievement, providing feedback, and administering progressive discipline when necessary
• Ensure all customer requirements are being followed including palletizing, labeling, loading, documentation and any other specific requirements. Review customer guidelines as they are updated and ensure compliance. Follow up on any violations from our customers
• Develop and implement logistics-routing processes to meet customer satisfaction goals
• Oversee the transportation of goods to customer designated locations
• Provide leadership of continuous improvement projects, events, and activities in distribution centers
• Assist in the development of a productive warehouse by collaborating with Human Resources in the hiring, training, and professional development for Distribution Associates
• Determines proper staffing levels in order to maintain schedule and keep with demand and partner with Human Resources in staffing needs
• Be an agent of change and continuous improvement for the team
• Ensure training and competency of personnel
• Leads by example spending time on “Gemba” conducting observations for the identification and removal of waste in the warehouse process, taking into consideration people safety, material handling, resources uptime
• Direct Reports include Distribution Supervisors and either directly or indirectly clerical associates, Lift Truck Drivers and other distribution personnel
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
• Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles
• Transformational experience leading Distribution department and teams through change and critical business lifecycle events
• Experience in Inventory Control and Warehouse Management Systems
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Computer skills: strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP software (Oracle or similar)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.