Our client manufactures a wide range of high-performance nonwovens, using the best technologies, practices and materials which are used across a wide range of applications and products. Over the years they have grown all around the world with over 25 production facilities and over 1,000 employees. This is a thriving global company – excellent time to join the team!
The Maintenance Manager manages and coordinates the maintenance functions of all facilities and capital equipment, including management of production maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance, and maintenance of building, grounds and utilities. As Maintenance Manager, you will report directly to the President and will work closely with Operations, outside vendors, contractors, and the maintenance team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage installation of new equipment installation and commissioning for start-up
- Develops and implements plant maintenance program based on best practices in support of efficient business operations
- Manage continuous improvement projects
- Direct supervision of electrical and mechanical maintenance technicians
- Oversees and participates in tracking work, spare parts and maintenance history. Ensures good controls are in place and best practices are utilized to manage spare parts, inventory levels and spare parts replenishment
- Troubleshoot complex maintenance problems and provide technical guidance. Approves escalation to colleagues outside of the outside the department or outside contractors
- Work closely with HS&E to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Supports Company and Site safety objectives and works with HS&E to manage and develop programs to ensure facilities operations and projects to comply with Use effective strategies to lower turnover and retain quality employees
- Manage facility maintenance contracts, including communication with contract companies for supplies, services and support of systems and equipment. Acts as main point of contact for public utility, environmental and energy agencies
- Manage annual capital and expense budgets for department
- Adhere to the company’s Nonwovens Quality Policy to ensure our products and services meet customer’s expectations
- Promote harmony in the workplace through open communication and fairness to all employees promoting trust in the workplace
- Promote reliability centered maintenance practices to limit unplanned maintenance downtime
- Drives problem solving and roots cause identification of problems for the entire value stream
- Ensure compliance with all HR objectives, zero tolerance of behaviors not consistent with company social responsibility and employee handbook
- Partners with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of all policies, work rules and processes
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant roll
- Non-woven experience is heavily preferred
- Ability to lead a department
- “Hands-on” Manager
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Available to be “on call” to assure equipment and plant are running in an efficient and safe manner
- Experienced in TPM programs and electrical (PLC’s – Siemens & Allen Bradley)
- Ability to drive improvement in processes and equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.