Outside Account Executive
Our client is a global supplier of apparel and hardgoods for a variety of different markets. With more than 7,000 style from 60+ brands, their offerings range from trending apparel to hardgoods products such as drinkware, bags, and journals. Their primary customers consist of promotional product distributors, athletic team dealers, screen printers, online retailers, and embroiderers. They currently have 10 distribution centers throughout the United States, allowing same-day fulfillment for 99% of their customers. When it comes to “building a brand,” our client is the most trusted name in the US in offering solutions.
We are looking for an Outside Account Executive to take over the New York City territory. This will need to be a talented and motivated salesperson to handle the day-to-day needs of the 100+ existing accounts in the area. This role requires excellent communications skills, as you will develop relationships with all pertinent representatives in the account to understand the end-user customer’s needs. This sales role offers a competitive base salary with a strong commission package. It is considered a remote position; you will spend the majority of your week traveling to various accounts in the New York City area and handling any ancillary responsibilities from your home.
- Develops relationships with all sales, customer service and merchandising representatives in the account; Understands the end-user customer’s needs and buying patterns; Conducts one on one meetings with sales representatives to uncover opportunities; Responsible for proactive and creative solution sets; Engages in end-user meetings
- Develops relationships with all relevant constituents within their accounts (finance, marketing, operations, production, etc.)
- Plans customer contact goals annually by account and maintains a 30 day calendar using Outlook
- Works with marketing to plan and create programs and support materials to drive Private Label sales within their territory; This could include flyers, promotions, incentive programs and events
- Understands the customer go to market strategy and knows customer programs, remerchandising schedule and method of managing, renewing, refreshing and fulfilling
- Responsible for new product launch line presentations and sales plans
- Uses internal resources to uncover, develop and close opportunities (trade marketing, decoration, EDI, pricing, credit, website, custom websites, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally and understands how to accomplish goals within the organization
- Develops relationships across the organization to facilitate communication and achievement of goals
- Manages administrative aspects of the job to include weekly reporting, 30 day calendar management, sales funnel management, program registration and renewal, DNR management, CRM reporting, program proposal tracking
- Meets all due dates
- Manages and maintains presence within their accounts, including but not limited to showroom management and upkeep and collateral management
- Attends trade shows, industry events and customer events as necessary
- Excellent sales skills (SPIN selling)
- Excellent product merchandising skills
- Effective, engaging presentations skills
- Ability to train and demonstrate use, features and benefits of our website
- Excellent analytical skills; able to access the financial impact of a decision
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Able to develop written strategic plans
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel
- Bachelor degree
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to use Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, effectively prioritize and manage time
- Demonstrated ability to carry out special assignments and tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency with a results orientation
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.