We are working with a leading international producer of home fashions (bedding, bath, kitchen, and beach) that serves all sales channels including the major brick & mortar and on-line retailers. The company is looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager with a strong background in overseas sourcing, manufacturing, and costing. This position will be based in their New Jersey office.
In this highly visible position, you will be responsible for overseeing strategies and buy plans to purchase products in a high SKU environment from overseas suppliers while managing aggressive sourcing policies and developing and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Regularly travel to foreign countries to develop new sources, negotiate prices, monitor social compliance and security, and ensure quality and on-time delivery of merchandise
- Establish cost pricing at desired economic levels and negotiate with vendors to achieve targeted gross margins
- Work with QC Management to maintain quality controls and ensure standards are consistently maintained
- Ensure accuracy of all documentation and record keeping for management of monthly cash flow, replenishment business demands, and cost standards
- Work with Import Department to ensure proper and timely documentation of shipments and cost controls
- Provide hands-on management and direction to both local and overseas product teams to ensure production details are appropriately addressed
- 10+ years of experience with strong background in overseas sourcing, manufacturing, and costing
- Strong understanding of fabric construction and printing techniques required
- Knowledge/understanding of global sourcing trends and strategies
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Strong management competency and analytical skills
- Prior China travel experience is required
- Experience in home textiles/bedding is a strong plus
- Fluency in Mandarin is a strong plus
- Experience with Blue Cherry ERP is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.