Director of Quality Assurance
In the hospitality industry, comfort makes a lasting impression and with our commitment to quality and attention to detail, comfort is woven into every thread. As a leading global textiles manufacturer, this company is a next-generation partner to the hospitality and healthcare sectors, designing and engineering smarter textile solutions through a global team of creators, innovators and partners that put client needs at the forefront – from sourcing top-quality raw materials and leading-edge R&D to incorporating vigorous quality control practices. Our expertise in four key areas (Strategic Manufacturing, Design & Engineering, Quality Control and Sustainability & Social Responsibility) supports our design-to-delivery approach, allowing unmatched product and process solutions for our customers.
As the Director of Quality Assurance, you champion continuous improvement initiatives and are tasked with increasing customer confidence and safeguarding the company’s credibility. You’re responsible for ensuring all company’s products, processes and vendor partners meet the highest quality standards and global compliance requirements for the industries we serve.
Recognized as a leader within the organization, you will report directly to the SVP, General Manager, and will lead the organization in identifying ESG/Sustainability goals and action plans to keep pace with industry expectations through the development of processes, controls and accurate reporting. You will work in close collaboration with Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, Design and Product Development to deliver profitable growth and establish the company as an industry leader. This role requires a hands-on working style with a focus on materials excellence, quality assurance and strong supplier relationships.
- Define, implement and manage processes to ensure that products meet the required specifications for quality, function and reliability based on company’s customer defined protocols and industry recognized standards prior to commercialization and through production for the lifetime of the product and/or program
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines and policies, both national and international
- Responsible for risk assessment and avoidance related to products and vendor compliance
- Provide textile technical and quality expertise to support innovation goals, identify and address potential issues and challenges in manufacturing and plan accordingly to deliver proven and tested products
- Access, monitor and ensure all suppliers meet the compliance to company’s industry and global standards, at all times
- Maintain, build and expand the supplier relationship to ensure engagement, loyalty and trust
ESG and Sustainability:
- Identify and prioritize sustainability initiatives, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the company’s sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy and implementing processes, controls, systems and dashboards to measure progress for consistent and accurate reporting
- Provide independent assurance over ESG disclosures to help company keep pace with industry expectations
Director, Quality Assurance:
- Manage ESG over the long-term to improve business performance in the form of reduced operating costs, enhanced reputation, greater resilience to risks, the potential for competitive advantage, and drive long-term enterprise value
Dual Sourcing Product Development/Program Transitions:
- Manage the product development transition or dual supply initiatives of existing programs with new suppliers in collaboration with strategic sourcing to deliver COGS savings or provide supply chain risk mitigation
- Work directly with vendor partners to provide technical specifications and guidance, oversee sampling through approval into production to ensure products meet company’s/customer requirements and timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Technology/Science is required
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 8-10 years related experience in a textile industry including Quality, Textile Manufacturing, Innovation and Product Development
- Experience in Hospitality and/or Healthcare textile industry preferred or comparable retail apparel industry
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or other lean manufacturing tools, concepts and methodologies of production and quality management required
- Proven people leader hiring, managing and training high performing teams globally
- Experience with all elements of project management from initiation to closure
- Experience working in CSR and/or ESG a plus
- You are a leader who inspires passion, motivates and supports team members in a tactful manner, communicates effectively, maintains composure under pressure, thinks strategically and performs tactically, shows accountability and represents the organization in a positive light, while facilitating improvement throughout all levels of the organization
- You are exceptionally organized, proficient in project management processes and possess the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
- Hands-on experience with QMS tools and concepts including laboratory testing, QMS (ISO:9001, ISO:17025), Statistical process control tools, environmental management system, and vendor compliance
- Proficient use of all tools of the trade: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.