General Manager, Business Development – Technical Fibers
We are working with the global leader for carbon fiber production that also produces a variety of other technical fibers. The company produces products including heat and flame-resistant fibers and nonwovens, including a variety of fabrics and felts. Products are used in the automotive, aerospace, renewable energy sector, PPE, and a variety of industrial and commercial uses.
The company has over 2000 employees globally in the US, Mexico, and Europe
Due to a retirement, the company is looking for a General Manager, Global Business Development for the Technical Fibers area.
The General Manager, Global Business Development – Technical Fibers is responsible for leading, developing and managing a global business strategy & plan for the technical fiber division. This position will lead both the commercial and technical effort of the company’s technical fiber product lines. The position will develop and lead a global business strategy for all Technical Fiber products, including carbonized yarns, fabrics and felts; with regard to sales, new product innovation, market communication and the introduction of new products in the global marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to manage existing sales accounts, negotiate contracts and close sales for the Technical Fibers business globally
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for Industrial products and services globally
- Utilize leadership skills to develop and manage high performance teams, ensuring training and implementing succession planning
- Provide sales forecasts and set personal performance goals accordingly
- Follow up on active sales leads with face-to-face customer contact and through leading participation in various Technical Fiber tradeshows
- Identify new markets, applications, products and customers to expand the Technical Fibers business globally
- Recommend product positioning to maximize long-term market share and portfolio profitability
- Develop product cost models and set technical product pricing based on competitive market knowledge and reaching budgeted revenue and profitability goals
- Monitor competitive products, sales and marketing activities, and provide routine summary reports
- Meet with customers, to maintain close relationships and negotiate and close sales and yearly supply agreements
- Prepare customer call reports and periodic sales reports, showing sales volume and revenue and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Lead global sales and product development meetings for the technical fibers division
- Lead product development efforts by providing market and technical requirement input for Technical Development and Production teams in Europe and Mexico
- Prepare occasional whitepapers and/or webinars on technical fiber products, applications and end uses
- Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering preferred) with technical fibers sales experience
- 10-15 years’ experience in the sale and new product development of heat & flame-resistant technical fibers, nonwovens, yarn spinning and/or other related industries required
- Understanding of the global composite’s marketplace
- Keen working knowledge of global markets and material competitors in the marketplace
- Understanding of composites, how, where and why they are used, especially technical fiber composites
- Excellent organizational, analytic, problem solving and negotiate skills
- Capable of working with minimal supervision, possessing a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently, within a team and develop and drive their own agenda
- Must be resourceful, ask intelligent questions, and know where to find answers
- Must be able to travel up to 40-50% of the time
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.