General Manager (Vice President, Operations/Manufacturing/Supply Chain)
We are working with fast growing 35+ year company in the marketing and manufacturing primarily of thermal and acoustical insulation products (and the manufacturing of associated raw materials – sustainable and mostly natural fibers such as cotton) for multiple industries. The company is looking for a General Manager (reports to the President) to oversee their Arizona and NW Georgia operations which include 6 airlay nonwoven lines with an additional line starting up in Q3 2023 to support new product offerings.
The position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus and strong benefits including relocation assistance, medical/dental/vision, 401k (3% company match). The ideal candidate would be located in their facility near Phoenix, AZ. Note, the company will also consider the ideal candidate being located in their NW GA facility with regular travel to AZ
The General Manager is an experienced leader who demonstrates high energy, leads by example, engages the employees throughout the organization and supports a culture committed to product quality, operational excellence and providing a great customer experience. The General Manager will be responsible for all areas of the business to include Sales, Finance, Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Customer Service and Logistics.
- Manage and oversee the P&L across two (2) manufacturing plants (AZ and GA) and warehouse/distribution facilities
- Develop clear goals, supported by KPI’s and drive accountability for results
- Review and analyze monthly and YTD financial results and address variances to maximize profit
- Monitor all cash flow activities on a regular basis (inventory, AR, AP and purchase commitments)
- Lead Sales efforts and develop a robust pipeline of opportunities to support the business plan
- Review & approve all contracts, quoting to ensure profit targets are met
- Set goals, metrics and action plans to achieve manufacturing results that support overall company profitability
- Provide strong leadership to the manufacturing team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and accountability
- Ensure plant capacity is aligned with anticipated company growth and/or volume reductions
- Oversee all Supply Chain activities to include purchasing, receiving, inventory and warehousing
- Drive material cost reduction initiatives consistent with meeting material profit targets
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager to maintain a robust QMS and compliance to quality standards
- Exemplify, communicate, promote and reinforce company values and mission
- Plan & manage staffing, employee development, performance and training for all employees
- Enforce Safety and Health policies to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA and other State or Federal agencies
- Communicate effectively across all departments; this includes regularly scheduled meetings, monthly reviews and all hands employee meetings
- Assist Owners with new equipment acquisitions, R&D projects or other projects as required
- Travel on a frequent basis between the two plants to ensure standardization; employee engagement and to communicate clear expectations
- Other duties as assigned by the President or Board of Directors
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual should possess the following:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Operations or Management. MBA or Master degree preferred
- Must have excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Requires Strong Financial Acumen and analytical skills
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques to include the use of Six Sigma methodologies
- Proven P&L experience managing multiple sites
- Experience with multi shift fast paced and vertically integrated manufacturing
- Strong business acumen and ability to interpret financial statements
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.