We are working with fast growing 35+ year company in the marketing and manufacturing of thermal and acoustical insulation products for multiple industries. They are expanding their Arizona operations, launching new product offerings in 2023, and looking for a Plant Manager to be located in one of their 2 facilities SE of Phoenix, AZ. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits. Relocation assistance will be provided for the ideal candidate.
Manage the overall production operations of the company’s Arizona facilities and provide direction for the company’s other US facilities. Evaluate, establish, and monitor labor, efficiency, output, materials, safety, factory assets, and plant expenses according to budgets while exceeding quality and production requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning – Establish and monitor adherence to daily, weekly, monthly, and annual production plans to meet corporate goals and customer expectations
- Production Supplies – Monitor levels of key items, working with the supply chain team to ensure adequate inventory is available to match production demand. Ensure that cost containment is achieved without sacrificing quality
- Execution – Meeting or exceeding measurable operational goals (efficiency, output, cost, service, and quality)
- Safety – Establish and maintain ergonomically sound safety rules, practices, and procedures to assure the safety of partners, building, ground, and machinery at all plant operations
- Human Resources Management – Recruit, train and motivate direct reports
- Policies and Procedures – Thoroughly understand corporate policies/procedures and ensure they are followed and adhered to
- Process Improvement (PI): Identify areas for improvement in such areas as cost, quality, and delivery. Utilize Lean Six Sigma methodology and engineering analysis where applicable and document results
- Monitor output, quality, and efficiency numbers to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded
- Directly supervise plant leadership to ensure efficient plant operations
- Facilities and Equipment Maintenance – Work with the maintenance team to make sure all equipment is properly maintained
- Education & Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred but not required
- Experience: 5+ years of manufacturing operations and management experience – nonwovens experience preferred
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.