Technical Product Manager
We are working with a growing international company with locations in over 18 countries and close to 4,000 employees worldwide. Due to a company focus on strengthening their Engineering and New Product Development teams in 2022, this leading specialist in the development and manufacturing of textiles for the mattress, mattress covers and sleep solutions is looking for a Technical Product Manager to be located in their office located near Greensboro, Winston Salem, and the High Point North Carolina area. This position will report to the Engineering and R&D Director and offers a competitive salary with full benefits. This is an in-office position with the potential for some limited work from home days.
- Is responsible for the implementation, follow up and actively guiding PLM & NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Definition and follow up of all major projects from first samples yarn orders to customer satisfaction after launch (including CO SUPPLY) for the top customers
- Review and preparation/ coordination of samples with Sales (needs, quality, delivery)
- Project management across US units for Launch readiness
- Project management on launches and transfers for key accounts products
- In the lead for re-engineering opportunities with customers (technical costs savings or spec improvements)
- Responsible for the execution and writing of all the technical documentation for the following project documentation types: PPT, New Product Evaluation, R&D, CARs, PDCA, Risk Assessment and Action Plan and Project Charters and coordination of PPAP with Quality manager
- Must have the ability to analyze off quality problems and the capacity to work with the Engineering & manufacturing team to fix issues during the development
- Develops internal product development scorecard to be shared with plant monthly to track progress
- Collaborate with suppliers during development to ensure the quality standards
- Work with cross functional teams and develop specifications for incoming raw materials (yarns, glues, cones, etc.) with targets and ranges
- Must be able to project manage in re-engineering products
- Must actively participate in team meetings
- Must display a passion for future products and technologies
- Makes technical data sheet and product specifications
- Must show initiative and enthusiasm in their job
- Must realize the Targets in personal goals and objectives as written in the Performance Management System
- Evaluate manufacturing processes robustness and efficiencies
- Use engineering skills to improve processes
- Develops new processes
- Ensure processes produce quality product
- Use statistical sampling processes
- Make improvements and monitor the progress
- Using company methodologies, identify, recommend for approval and implement projects and actions to eliminate waste or losses (in its widest sense) in manufacturing
- Change mindset and behaviors at all levels of the organization through influencing key stakeholders and engaging operators and technicians on the shop floor
- Serve as a full partner to the business in evaluating and challenging the status quo to identify value opportunities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), ability to work with web-based applications
- Textile experience is not required but desirable
- University degree; Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business preferred
- Proven track record of operational effectiveness
- Must be able to communicate in and report in English, Spanish is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.