This company is recognized for their leadership within the emergency response, commercial and military markets. They have two businesses that develop and manufacture equipment and gear critical to the mission driven focus of our customers.
This company is a leading provider of innovative solutions for the challenges of field operations. From disaster and emergency medical response to military and commercial field operations, our shelter systems are trusted for their strength and reliability.
Protecting fire fighters is central to the heritage and future of their PPE Brand. That is why this company’s garments have been a trusted part of the wildland fire industry for decades.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the quality manufacture and shipping of all manufactured and subcontracted products. They will be responsible for all manufacturing operations activities to meet production demands, works with the supply chain team to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals for its products, and works alongside R&D for successful new product introductions. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions
- Develop, implement and review operational policies, procedures, and programs
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Work with project stakeholders
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Support worker communication with the management team
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises associates within department
- Provides product development budgets for assigned projects
- Helps develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of expenditure records and progress reports in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Provide appropriate support for Sales and Quality functions within the organization
- Review and approve employee hours worked and/or leave taken
- Approve timecards on a biweekly basis
- If necessary, work with the employee and/or departmental payroll staff/payroll manager to correct errors
- By approving, the manager/supervisor affirms, to the best of their knowledge, that the hours recorded are a true representation of the employee’s hours worked and/or leave taken
- Provide employees with ongoing support, feedback and counseling on performance issues, conduct annual performance reviews and, when necessary, disciplinary and corrective action
- Liaise with HR (Human Resources) to address employee issues regarding resolution and escalation in a timely manner, identify employee training needs and maintain and enforce a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to be creative and multi-task
- Experience working across various internal departments and external customers
- Proven track record of tackling problems and taking independent action
- Ability to supervise and lead others
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing workplace priorities
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate initiative; ability to work independently
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Working frequently at close visual range (i.e., preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading)
- 4-year Degree (Business and/or Technical Degree)
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in apparel manufacturing
- Experience managing +50 direct and indirect reports
- Developing and achieving metric-based goals making an impact on a department and businesses P&L statement
- Experience overseeing multiple manufacturing locations
- Some travel required; Est. 25%-50% of time
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.