Director of Manufacturing
This company is recognized for their leadership within the emergency response, commercial and military markets. They have two businesses that develop and manufacture equipment and gear critical to the mission driven focus of our customers.
This company is a leading provider of innovative solutions for the challenges of field operations. From disaster and emergency medical response to military and commercial field operations, our shelter systems are trusted for their strength and reliability.
Protecting fire fighters is central to the heritage and future of their PPE Brand. That is why this company’s garments have been a trusted part of the wildland fire industry for decades.
The Director of Manufacturing is a member of the senior executive team and responsible for the quality manufacture and shipping of all apparel products. They will lead all core operational functions such as: production, supply chain, planning, and warehousing. This is a demanding role that requires strategic planning, superb execution in a fast-paced challenging environment, and exceptional leadership skills for organizational development. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Direct Manufacturing Operations to meet quarterly/annual plans
- Establish sales and operations planning which serves the needs of the business
- Develop with the executive team the strategic vision of the company, set goals for achieving that vision, and implement a plan to achieve those goals
- Oversee Production Control on all inventory, material, and schedule requirements
- Reviews all changes to schedule, including those caused by late material deliveries, labor shortages or other resource issues
- Helps set priorities for floor
- Develop the operations organization: training, mentoring, coaching & leading the organization
- Evaluate strengths, weaknesses and take action to ensure long-term health, productivity, and a high-performance culture
- Be a progressive thinker and role model: enable efficiency enhancing tools such as Lean manufacturing, cycle time reduction and other manufacturing enhancing methodologies
- Manage multiple projects to successfully transition products from prototype development to manufacturing – work with sales, sales operations and engineering to implement best practices in the new product development process
- Participate in new product/process development and product commercialization reviews to ensure operational targets are designed-in and met
- Support the efforts of supply chain to evaluate and select major suppliers, and third-party design/manufacturing partners
- Create and qualify a plan, including strategic sourcing world-wide
- Source, evaluate, and on-board contract manufacturing partners with goal of creating additional capacity and margin improvement
- Build operational “bench strength” in identifying future leaders and subject matter experts and supporting development planning and experiences
- Promote continuous improvement in the operation and challenge staff for new and better ways to conduct daily business operations
- This is a hands-on functional role and along with leadership directives, requires process, quality, and operational expertise to lead and deploy initiatives
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a high level of safety including strict adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with NFPA and ISO standards within the operation
- Responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing through use of Lean Manufacturing principles
- This position has remote capabilities
- This candidate must effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions via phone, email, Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lead, train, coach, motivate and excite employees
- Possesses strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and customers in a fast-paced environment
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts to meet changing needs and deadlines
- Shows initiative and is results driven
- Demonstrates effective organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and organizational skills
- 4-year Degree (Business and/or Technical Degree)
- At least 5 years of management experience leading operations in apparel manufacturing
- Demonstrated success at financial planning, budgeting, capital management, and budget management
- Demonstrated accomplishments building teams, and metrics, achievement of financial goals linked to the P&L
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.