Plant Manager, Digital Printing
We are working with a leading manufacturer and distributor of digital printed textiles. The company also produces retail fabrics, finished products, packaged crafts, and specialty fabrics servicing a range of global customers. The company is looking for a Digital Printing Plant Manager for their digital printing facilities near Charlotte, NC.
This position requires a proven track record in plant management with digital printing technical operations and maintenance a plus. The job is the lead over production, technical needs, maintenance, quality, and shipping in our digital print division. The position requires knowledge of current developments and technology in digital production and ink. Candidate must have demonstrated success in managing a manufacturing operation.
- Setting plant performance goals and expectations
- Determining important key performance indicators and measuring them regularly
- Directing manufacturing related activities such as quality, productivity, safety, innovation, supply management and on time shipping
- Research wide format inkjet printing technologies including pigment, dye sublimation, latex printers/presses and digital cutters and laminators. For custom print demand textile products
- Develop digital print/cut manufacturing processes and imaging workflows for custom products
- Manage print operators accountable for printer maintenance and cleanliness of machine and workspace
- Reduce material waste
- Manage work instructions on orders and assign work to operators to complete all printing tasks required
- Manage printer maintenance and fix printer equipment when problems occur
- Assign and delegate daily cleaning departmental tasks to team
- Communicate the status of the print room with other shift supervisor at the end of the day
- Maintain inventory of ink, consumables, and spare parts
- Remaining current on latest production trends, technology, and best practices
- Build trustworthy relationships with team
- Experience with large-format print equipment and solid knowledge of pigment, HP latex, heat press, or dye-sublimation printing processes
- Experience running and maintaining equipment in a production environment
- Knowledge of laminators and computer-controlled router/cutters a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, or related field
- 5-10 years of manufacturing or engineering experience
- 2-4 years of experience in digital printing or technology
- Knowledge of color management and color profiling
- Familiarity with RIP software (Onyx and InEdit), Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with MS, Reggiani, or HP grand format printers are a plus
- Supervisory experience managing a team
- Attention to detail & ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships
- Color profiling and technical maintenance a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.