Mechanical Group Leader
We are working with a global leader and manufacturer of Woven & Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics. They are privately held with revenues of $500M+. Stable company with extremely low turnover and very loyal to their employees, fantastic company to work for!
We are looking for a Mechanical Group Leader to work in the company’s facilities – 1 hour NE of Atlanta (between Braselton and Athens, GA). The position will report to the Maintenance Manager and will oversee the Maintenance Technicians.
Purpose of the position: A Mechanical Group Leader must possess strong organizational, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills. They should be detail-oriented leaders who can meet deadlines and work with all employees. To lead, teach, follow-up, promote integrity and persuade employees to take initiative and use good judgment and to influence employee’s commitment to excellence and allow them to be successful, maximizing the effectiveness of our Maintenance reliability program. It is important that a Mechanical Group Leader possess the ability to work independently, with little or no supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety regulations and basic rules and regulations per company policy
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift license
- Knowledge of all equipment assembly, installation, operation, and repair. Including Facility maintenance, and Fire system
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, schematics, blueprints, and diagrams
- Is on call for emergencies and established an on-call sequence if necessary
- Manage and review work orders using ER Portal work order system in order to schedule downtime with shift supervisors for work to be completed
- Prioritize work orders and assign work to technicians assuring proper skill level meets the task
- Perform periodic audits on techs work and work orders to assure proper methods and procedures are followed
- Supervise and follow-up on work being performed to ensure safety, quality of work and timeliness
- Working with the Planner/Scheduler to develop an effective Preventative Maintenance Program/PDM
- Use Root Cause Analysis to address repetitive failure modes in an effort to improve the Reliability Program. Work with Planner to document all potential failure modes, and adjust MTBF in system
- Develop effective and progressive training program for in house and outside training in order to maintain and improve the skill level of all technicians
- Actively participate in weekly downtime meetings and working with downtime team to solve re-occurring downtime issues and to introduce innovative ideas in minimizing downtime while improving production and quality
- Work closely with purchasing and planning to insure availability, cost and quality of needed parts
- Perform diagnostic procedures necessary to troubleshoot the more complex mechanical issues, seeking technical support from outside integrators/engineers when necessary
- Conduct period and annual performance reviews with all mechanical technicians
- To initiate disciplinary action plan in the event of poor performance evaluations
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Minimum education required: High school or GED, and some Technical school training
- Minimum experience required: Four years of experience in maintenance, including completion of an apprenticeship
- Considerable knowledge of the practice, methods, tools, equipment, and materials of the maintenance trade. Skilled in the use and care of tools and equipment. Skilled in locating and adjusting mechanical defects
- The ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to read and interpret sketches, diagrams, and blueprints
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to provide direction for other Maintenance Technicians with at least two years of supervisory experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.