Process Control Engineer
We are working with a global leader in the production of resin, synthetic rubber, synthetic fibers and filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, elastomer/polymer compounds and other applications for the automotive, medical, footwear, consumer goods, and various industrial applications.
The company is looking for a Process Control Engineer for their facility near Baton Rouge, LA. This position reports to the Engineering Leader.
Full benefits including health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k) with matching, Tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, referral program, FSA, HAS, relocation assistance, employee assistance program.
The engineer in this role is primarily responsible for maintaining the health and operability of the process controls systems. This includes implementing process automation improvements for programs and code logic. The position requires strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time going through complex codes.
Essential Job Functions:
- In charge of the development of Process Control Strategy
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to identify the root cause of problem areas in DCS (Distributed Control System) and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training, demonstrated commitment to and support of EHS principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Update and implement control technology & process information improvements and capitalize on current best practices
- Provide expertise in troubleshooting areas of control system to assure minimum impact on operations
- Develop Process Control code and operator interfaces
- Maintain backups for Process Control code and Graphic screens
- Add user accounts in a Windows Domain Controller environment
- Test written code and provide realistic demonstrations in all modes
- Ensure the delivered product is user friendly and meets stakeholder needs
- Conduct Training for applicable personnel on equipment
- Ensure process control operating discipline is maintained and updated
- Utilize available techniques and tools for optimizing plan process control systems and prevention of unplanned events
- Conduct regular audits of process control system to insure safe operations. Present findings to management on a routine basis
- Record and communicate information on work process deficiencies and improvements
- Work with other functional disciplines to identify possible improvements in work process
- Other duties as assigned by Technology Leader or Plant Manager
- 5+ years in a chemical process environment with strong knowledge of basic process equipment and their functions required, 8+ preferred
- Experience in programming and maintaining a DCS system, including hardware maintenance, programming of controllers, and alarm management
- Experience in executing process control projects
- Ability to read P&ID’s and instrument loops sheets
- Experienced with PID controller tuning
- Experienced in commissioning of new instrument and electrical systems/projects within a petrochemical process
- Experienced in troubleshooting process and control issues in a fast-paced environment under periods of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- Experience with networking (switches, firewalls)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering Required
- Other Engineering Disciplines considered if significant experience with Controls in a Chemical Process Setting
- Knowledge in Honeywell distributed control systems is strongly preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.