Strategic Sourcing Buyer
We are working with a global leader and manufacturer of Woven & Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics. They are privately held with revenues of $500M, a stable company with extremely low turnover and very loyal to their employees and a fantastic company to work for!
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Buyer with 5+ years of experience in Purchasing & 3 or more of those in Resins/Plastics commodity Field. We are looking for exceptional negotiating skills & superior communication skills, overall solid business sense and a BS degree preferred.
- Support manufacturing and sales organizations by employing best practice procurement and inventory management techniques to secure required materials, products, and services in the timeliest manner with ever-improving quality at the lowest possible cost
- Manage assigned supply base to ensure the delivery of required goods and services in the timeliest manner with ever-improving quality at the lowest possible cost
- Determine & develop potential additional suppliers as dictated by needs of the business
- Originate or assist in the negotiation of price, terms and conditions with suppliers to ensure certainty of supply and optimal overall value to the enterprise
- Conduct competitive surveys employing all applicable principles of price/cost analysis, terms of payment, transportation costs, duties, taxes, etc.
- Monitor and proactively respond to supplier performance
- Participate and contribute in assigned cross-functional teams and special projects
- Originate or assist in preparation, coordination & negotiation of purchase orders, contracts, etc.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of assigned materials and products in accordance with forecast and master resource plan
- Establish and maintain all purchase and inventory item system integrity; issues related reports and other documentation as required
- Computer experience in manufacturing system, word processing & spreadsheet applications
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.