We are working with a global leader and manufacturer of Woven & Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics. This division of a global organization has revenues of $600M, stable company with impressive growth year over year, extremely low turnover, great benefits, overall a fantastic company to work for!
Due to the current employee/Buyer being promoted (after 2 years), the company is looking for a Buyer to work in one of their 2 facilities/corporate offices NE of Atlanta, GA. This position will report to the Corporate Procurement Manager.
• Manage assigned supply base to ensure the delivery of required goods and services in the most-timely manner with ever-improving quality at the lowest possible cost
• Determine and develop potential additional suppliers as dictated by the needs of the business
• Originate or assist in the negotiation of price, terms and conditions with suppliers to ensure certainty of supply and optimal overall value to the enterprise
• Conduct market and competitive surveys employing all applicable principles of price/cost analysis, terms of payment, transportation costs, duties, taxes, etc.
• Coordination of international freight from overseas vendors
• Monitor and proactively respond to supplier performance
• Schedule and conduct periodic meetings with key suppliers to review requirement forecasts, quality and service performance, cost reduction initiatives, etc.
• Participate and contribute in assigned cross-functional teams and special projects
• Originate or assist in the preparation, coordination and negotiation of purchase orders, contracts, etc.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of assigned materials and products in accordance with forecast and master resource plan
• Establish and maintain all purchase and inventory item system integrity; issues related reports and other documentation as required
• 3+ years of buying or procurement experience
• 4-year degree preferred
• MS Office Suite proficiency with strong Excel and Word skills
• Experience with ERP, manufacturing, and inventory systems
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.