A growing Aerospace & Defense manufacturer is looking for a highly motivated Quality Engineer to work in one of the busiest segments in today’s economy! Industries served range from military, the space program, medical to extreme sports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Professional certification with ASQ (American Society for Quality) preferred
- Ability to read, interpret, create drawings in digital format. (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.)
- Ability to define problems, drive to root cause, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Experience with AS9100D / ISO Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of MRP system (EPICOR) preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong knowledge on Military standards specifications and Bill of Materials review
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct process audits on a regular basis. Make recommendations for any improvements. Follow document control process
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and making appropriate recommendations to the team
- Performs contract reviews, reviews customer requirements, and ensures that they are met and flowed down to suppliers
- Collaborates with Management, Engineering, Purchasing, Production Control and Quality Control Departments to support compliance to customer contract requirements
- Conduct time studies for continuous improvement
- Participates and Leads root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective action activities
- Supports implementation of containment and disposition of non-conforming material
- Become VTI’s AS9100 continuous improvement representative
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Designs systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process
- Assist with any improvements, maintenance, or upgrades to our AS9100 Quality Management System
- Leads and drives compliance efforts of AS9100D advance QMS
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Supports and contributes to the implementation of Management Review requirements
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, making recommendations
- Interface with suppliers over quality related issues. Build lasting supplier & customer relationships
- Hold Suppliers accountable through Supplier Corrective Action process
- Involved in and supports supplier approval and evaluation process
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies such as American Society of Quality
- Mentorship for 6S tea
- Mentorship for Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering activities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Uphold the Company’s core values
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
They offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, EAP and 401(k) with match, paid vacation, and more!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.