Brand Development Specialist
A fantastic opportunity to join an international company created 50 years ago. This client designs, manufactures and distributes innovative fabrics. Present in 80 countries, they have over 1100 employees, production sites in France, Switzerland Italy, Germany and Taiwan along with 3 research centers. They have subsidiaries and offices in 12 countries and are the international technological leader of their product lines in a global market.
We are searching for a Brand Development Specialist for the Midwest, ideally based in the Midwest. This is a fabulous opportunity to start a career path with a growing international company.
There is a strong sense of comradery and teamwork and a fantastic culture of support and fun within the organization.
The Brand Development Specialists is a very important part of our client’s strategy to build awareness of their brand and their products at the shop, architect, specifier, and consumer level. The successful candidate will use their enthusiasm, creativity, technical aptitude, and desire for success to grow demand for their product line and push sales back upstream through their distribution network. The Brand Development Specialist will be the face of the company within the assigned territory among those companies that ultimately specify and/or use their products. As such, the desire to travel within the assigned territory, meet new people, generate new ideas, grow sales, and promote the company on a daily basis is essential.
- Energetic – passionate about the company, products, industry, and brand
- Outgoing – Likes to meet and talk to new people
- Motivated/Driven – Self-starter who works well without supervision, independent
- Good communication – knows how to convey thoughts and ideas. Speaks well
- Organized – Can manage schedule and multiple tasks
- Goal Oriented – Focused on achieving corporate sales growth targets and increased brand awareness
- Passion for design – colors, textures, trends, comfort, benefits, function
- Technical aptitude – understands product specifications, functions, and how products are used
- Versatile – able to effectively communicate with different target groups (architects, designers, shop owners, technicians, etc.)
- Detail Oriented
- Professional appearance that reflects the company culture and values
- Willingness to travel overnight (up to 75% of the time)
- Able to build strong relationships and serve as primary contact for customers and specifiers within the defined territory
- Can easily transition across different business markets
- Comfortable working with and adapting to diverse social, ethnic, cultural, gender, and economical environment (business owners, managers, shop employees, professionals)
- While this is not a traditional sales position, candidate should possess strong sales aptitude and selling skills
- Have an understanding of marketing concepts, promotions, and ability to use marketing tools
- Able to enter detailed information and contact reports into sales management programs (Salesforce)
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office 365 programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Will be required to undergo in depth product training to understand features and benefits of fabric range and how the fabrics are used in different applications
- Strong speaking and presentation skills
- Able to build and manage business networks
- College degree not required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- High ethical standards are essential
- Must speak fluent English. Spanish beneficial but not required
- Identify and travel throughout the defined territory
- Develop a portfolio on each shop visited by asking detailed questions during the calls, making observations, and gathering intelligence from a variety of sources
- Enter detailed customer information and call reports into Salesforce (Booster) database
- Work with specifiers (architects, engineers, designers) to identify projects and opportunities where the company’s fabrics can be used
- Ensure specifications are written to designate the company’s fabrics as the primary option for the project
- Manage your project pipeline and meet goals for projects won
- Identify and execute actions needed to bring identified projects/opportunities to successful completion
- Will need to manage projects through completion (full cycle) and drive value upstream to shops and distributors
- Participate as needed in trade shows, regional seminars and workshops, conferences, lunch and learns, continuing education, and training presentations
- Attend sales meetings, complete training modules, and participate corporate functions as needed
- Arrange meetings and travel with team members and management as requested
As a Brand Development Specialist, you will be a frontline ambassador for the company and its products to the market. This is an exciting opportunity where:
- You will have the freedom to set your own schedule and work independently yet be part of a strong team
- Your contributions will be highly visible and the key to the future success of the company
- You will be part of a company that values its employees, rewards them for their success, and offers promotion from within
- You will benefit from working in a multicultural environment with the corporate headquarters based in France and sales throughout the world
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you represent a company known worldwide as an industry leader and innovator with a reputation for quality and performance
- You will have the opportunity to travel, meet new people, use your creative talents, and build long lasting relationships
- You will know the company you represent adheres to the highest European and global environmental standards, promotes diversity, social responsibility, and moral integrity
- You will be working for a company that offers potential for growth and development, promotes from within, and recognizes achievement
In addition, our client offers an excellent base salary, annual bonus, matching 401K, full medical benefits, paid expenses, paid vacation, and car allowance.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.