Our client has an immediate opening for a Knitting Specialist located at their Applied Research Center (ARC) in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Great location. The 47,000 square foot facility houses Fiber and Fabric development, including a semi-works Textile facility that includes Fabric Dye and Finishing, and a host of testing and analysis capabilities. The site is a focused organization of ~30 individuals and part of a leading global apparel technology company developing, producing, branding, and marketing innovative fibers, fabrics and other textile offerings. Our products can be found in virtually every garment category, providing comfort, fit and performance benefits. With over 2,500 employees worldwide, we serve more than 800 customers in over 30 countries.
The Knitting Specialist is a unique technical role at the ARC in which the selected individuals will be trained and tasked with operating a wide range of circular knitting equipment in a fully capable semi-works textile research and development facility. The role presents an opportunity to personally participate in innovations under development for the apparel industry which are to be commercialized worldwide. Moreover, the role allows the ideal individual the opportunity to be hands-on in the development process as a machine specialist, as well as a collaborator and co-creator on new offerings through interaction with researchers and other members of the business development team that use the facility.
Duties of the Role:
- Demonstrate advanced skills in operating circular knitting equipment
- Operate knitting machinery to produce new fabric concepts. Collaborate with research engineers on yarn selection to machine design and set-up, execution, and analysis of fabrics
- Carry out fiber/yarn experiments on machines for product and defect analysis
- Capable of maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing knitting equipment
- Provide technical knowledge and support; conduct fabric and defect analysis to research, sales & marketing teams, and external customers
- Ability to conduct small scale chemical analysis in a wet chemistry lab
- Manage multiple processing requests; document and communicate results
- Manage an inventory of goods (fibers, yarns, and fabrics), both shipping and receiving, which may include packaging items for shipment domestically and internationally
- Maintain training as a backfill operator on other fabric & fiber forming equipment
- Receive and understand guidance of Principal Investigators to plan, coordinate, and execute projects
Skills and Education Required:
- Requires a High School diploma. A 2-year Degree from a Technical College is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have three years of experience with circular knitting; or equivalent combination of training and experience related to area of assignment. Skills in the operation of other knitting machinery (hosiery, warp) will be considered
- Computer skills to include competency with MS Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and/or in the future
- Must be able to work at our Newark, Delaware location. Alternative locations cannot be considered. Relocation assistance may be provided
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.