Manufacturing Process Engineer
We are working with a well-established Global Textile manufacturer looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join their team. Great opportunity for an engineer early in their career.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will perform technical duties required to control material processes, to develop & modify processes for both new and existing products, machine efficiency, and quality and cost savings. Perform duties necessary to establish and monitor launching products and product development.
- Monitor manufacturing processes, using statistical techniques and accumulated expertise to keep processes on target and in control
- Train operators on how to conduct and document various in-process checks
- Participate in preventive maintenance activities by monitoring machine systems for reducing downtime
- Review product quality attributes relative to customer specifications and expectations
- Troubleshoot cases of nonconformance, identify root causes and lead corrective actions
- Maintain database documenting machine setup parameters for each product produced
- Develop machine setup parameters for new products
- Generate process and product improvement ideas, design and lead trials to validate and lead through implementation
- Perform data collections as directed, for special projects pertaining to pre-production
- Utilize statistical software to track launching programs for critical characteristics
- Understand and interpret data for potential process adjustments
- Monitor programs in ‘launch’ phase in relation to target work loss. Work with cross-functional teams to achieve work loss targets
- Publish weekly reports on work loss status for Launch-class programs and Dev programs
- Complete Launch to Production handover packages
- Support all pre-production orders through plant and ensure quality
- Ensure special testing activity is coordinated through the lab
- Be an expert team player-work well and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives
- B.S. in Engineering (preferred) with good mechanical aptitude.
- 3-5 years in manufacturing
- Good computer skills (MS Office, especially Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of statistics and Statistical Process Control. Experience with statistical analysis programs (Minitab, JMP) a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.