This is US Company has a variety of customers and can produce a large array of specialty knitting products. They are very diversified and continue to grow. They are a smaller, family type atmosphere and have a great working environment. Full benefits.
The Knitting Technician is responsible for set up, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repeatability of knitting machines, samples and production. Ensuring that production/sample jobs are being processed according to specifications and to production standards. In order to achieve this, the Technician must be able to maintain their equipment and machinery in good operating condition. The individual taking this position should have the abilities and drive to eventually manage the conventional department. This is a new and evolving position that we hope will continue to develop through excellent communication. The main focus of this position is in the conventional area, however when needed, this individual will also work in other production areas at the discretion of the Fabric Formation Foreman and the Production Manager.
Qualifications: The knitting technician needs to have strong mechanical background. Experience with knitting or other textile equipment and maintenance programs is a plus. Candidate needs to have strong analytical and organization skills. Must have good communication skills. The individual should be motivated and be able to contribute in CPI (Continuous Process Improvement). Some computer skills are needed, training provided.
Reports to: The position reports to the Fabric Formation Foreman and Knit Department Leads and will work closely with the Product Managers and Research and Development team.
Responsibilities & Duties: (We see these as goals for year #1)
- Learn conventional room including every machine’s capabilities and potential
- Set up knitting machines for each new run and records settings for future runs
- Maintains records for how each knit style is set and run, to ensure repeatability
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance records for each machine, and that preventative maintenance is carried out
- Learn to Mend each style and be the mending back-up
- Works with the Product Managers on new projects
- When needed run/operate Knitting machines
- Inspect initial output of fabrics to ensure that the machine is operating correctly and that standards and specifications are being met. Periodically monitor the production run
- Be the quality control person for the conventional department
- Develop and maintain parts inventory
- Be available to assist operators on any machine maintenance, operating problems, or break down to facilitate the production run. Utilize the services of Fabric Formation Forman, Knit Lead, Maintenance or the Plant Engineer as required to make modifications and needed adjustments
- Ensure that the working areas are continually cleaned from debris, floors are swept, chemicals, hazardous and non-hazardous are handled and stored properly, and that all supplies and tools are organized and secured
- Assist operators and workers, as required, move and stage raw materials and finish product. Ensure that these materials are moved to other stations in an expeditious and complete manner
- Report to the Fabric Formation Foreman and Product Manager any delays or problems with the production run or the material prior to moving it to another section
- Be constantly thinking of new ways to improve the efficiency of the departments operation and cost cutting measures, making recommendations directly to the Production Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Report all accidents and injuries to HR and or the Office Manager in accordance with the plant work rules and established safety regulations
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.