Vice President, Operations
Our client is a privately owned company that has been in business for over 45 years. As a leader in the premium wholesale “blanks” apparel industry, they have distribution centers across the United States and average roughly 3 million units sold per month. They are mill-direct, having exclusive partnerships with several overseas factories which allows them to have an extremely efficient operation with low turnaround time.
This is a key position within the Executive Leadership team. We are looking for someone with extensive operational experience in Apparel.
• Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
• Organize, hold, and moderate strategy meetings with ownership and other executives to assess the direction of the company, develop short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies, and ensure the company compliance with the stated mission
• Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
• Oversee the complete operation of the company and ensuring all goals are met based on the company’s strategic plans
• Oversee budgets, staff and other executives in the organization
• Evaluate the success of the organization using strategically important measures to determine the ongoing success while using non-measurable (culture, employee engagement, and others) aspects of the work environment to gauge other aspects of business success
• Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
• Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other senior leaders
• Listening to the viewpoints and reports of the company’s Vice Presidents or directors and making the final decisions
• Creating and Analyzing budgets and financial reports
• Maintaining awareness and knowledge of the company’s daily finances
• Updating and revising plans and budgets to increase the company’s profitability and progress
• Maintaining knowledge of tax liabilities, implications, and exemptions, as well as finances and operations
• Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape to look for opportunities, markets, new industry developments and standard, and so forth
• Identifies, recommends, and helps implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
• Creating and maintaining relationships with banking, community, and industry leaders to encourage business investments
• Build trust and maintain strong relationships with both internal teams and external partners
• Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
• Take the lead in expansion activities
• Creates reports for ownership and senior leadership
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in management
• Mentors and coaches subordinates and other staff
• Highly organized
• Excellent Communication Skills
• High integrity
• No job too small
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.