Supply Chain Manager
An exciting career opportunity with a growing company. Looking for a high energy Supply Chain Manager able to drive improvements in Inventory Turns, OTD, Supplier Performance, Planning and Forecast accuracy. Looking for someone with a hands-on attitude.
Responsible for Leading all New Product Development Sourcing with a strong knowledge in Project Management and Costing Analysis. Improving the Global Supply Chain and Leading the efforts to reduce lead-times and lower cost while improving Inventory turns.
• Progressive experience in Supply Chain Management: Inventory Control, Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse management & transportation
• Knowledge of general manufacturing operations, planning theories and scheduling principles, monitoring execution of plan
• Trace, track, and expedite purchase processes to ensure timely delivery of goods
• Experience with Lean methodology and Continuous improvement practices, capable of making recommendations to improve productivity, cost, quality and reduction of waste and non-valueadded
• Develop and manage effective relationships with suppliers
• Able to work with complex BOM structures
• High degree of experience in data mining and report building
• Ability to research, collect and analyze data
• Able to conduct inventory analyses and risk assessments on supply trends and demand factors
• Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment
• Partner with new product development teams to optimize and develop the lowest overall sourced supply solution
• Sourcing new suppliers for existing parts and sourcing new parts within existing suppliers using our vendor scorecard and vendor certification process
• Prepare RFQ package and define the quantity break we need quotes on. Compare quotes for competitiveness
• Calculate the preliminary BOM cost
• Negotiate shipping schedule with suppliers, not every supplier has the flexibility on moving shipping dates around
• Follow up with Asian suppliers to ensure urgent items are shipped in a timely manner
• Act as the communication bridge between suppliers and company engineers
• Read all drawings, making sure callouts are disclosed in our engineering drawing before sending them out for quotes
• Communicate QC issues with overseas suppliers and decide if we want replacement or credit to close the QC issue
• Manage Control Material Review Board to keep levels at minimum and follow up improvement actions
• Attend Tier 4 Meeting and respond/plan actions to cover raw material shortages with substitutes or expediting material to avoid customer service issues
• Perform root cause analysis for stock outs, missed deliveries, and non-conforming product to proactively driver permanent solutions and processes
• Travel within and outside of the continental US
Skills and Experience
• 5 years hands on experience in discrete industrial goods manufacturing
• Strong Supplier experience with Overseas Suppliers
• Commodity experience with steel, aluminum, and plastic fabrication and assembly processes
• Advanced Knowledge in Microsoft Excel
• Proven problem-solving experience using statistics, flow diagrams & Gantt charts
• Cost accounting and BOM understanding
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.