Since 2015, our client has provided Fortune 50 companies with innovative, sustainable materials that are being utilized by some of the biggest names in automotive, aerospace, and fashion. Their primary focus is on material innovation, where they focus on plants and recycled fibers.
Above all else, this company lives on the cutting edge and has continued to push the envelope on what truly sustainable manufacturing looks like. They represent an exciting and ambitious startup environment, where the sky is limit. They have some of the brightest minds in chemistry on their team and are continuously bolstering their product catalog.
For the right candidate, this is an amazing opportunity.
We are seeking a polyurethane chemist to work within our Los Angeles Innovation Lab on our next generation materials. The polyurethane chemist is one of the key roles within the company and critical to the success of the business. We are looking for an experienced individual with a proven track record in creating novel chemistries and products in polyurethane top coats.
Major job responsibilities:
- You will serve as a subject matter expert in product development to meet our clients’ and customers’ requirements
- You will provide and perform root-cause-analysis for difficult material issues
- You will work with our internal research team to create plant-based coatings, matching the same performance and properties of polyurethane coatings
- You will perform synthesis of novel polyurethane prepolymers/networks and modify polymer structure to meet performance needs
- You shall assist with batch scale-up if necessary and provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, and Customers
- You are expected to work in an industrial laboratory following all the applicable EHS guidelines and maintain a clear track record of your lab work
- You are expected to develop products that meet customer specifications and/or industrial standards
- You can work independently with minimal supervision as well as function well as in a team
- You can communicate effectively within the team and across multiple functions
- Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or Material Science degree, preferably with advanced degrees
- Fundamental knowledge of polymers and polymer chemistry
- Direct experience in synthesis of blocked polyurethanes/polyurethane dispersions
- Direct experience in formulating polyurethane haptic coatings and synthetic leathers
- Direct experience working with design teams and customers to meet targets specifications
- Direct knowledge of automotive requirements for PU topcoats
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.