Product Development Specialist
Our client is a Furniture Manufacturer delivering high quality, artfully designed pieces that are inspired by creativity, imagination, and, most of all, self-expression.
They are a national leader in the Design, Marketing, Manufacturing and Distribution of mid to high end upholstered living room and upholstered bedroom furniture. They are the partner of choice to many of the top Furniture retailers in the country, such as Macy*s, Z Gallerie, Living Spaces, Mathis Bros., Jordan’s, RC Willey, Nebraska Furniture Mart, to name a few. These retailers look them to be on the forefront of style, color, and value.
The Product Development Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the development process of upcoming collections and products, from initial concepts, sample approvals to final product approvals. This position creates and maintains product planning and development tools to facilitate the sample process as well as assist in the final product onboarding. The Product Development Specialist is expected to maintain accurate record keeping of all product and communicate information to appropriate departments.
This position manages relationships with both, internal cross-functional partners as well as external vendors to ensure accurate product data and successful product launches.
- Supports in the execution of product development
- Serves as liaison to Marketing, Sales & Customer Service regarding product information
- Accurately tracks product specs & development changes through the sampling process
- Maintains and distributes monthly reports on fabric usage and product sales to appropriate departments
- Works with Director of Product Development to assemble and ship presentation boards to top customers to support Sales Team
- Creates and maintains all product electronic files on company servers and cloud storage
- Maintains all fabric electronic files: company fabric list, retailer exclusive fabric list, thread and zipper list, swatch request form
- Responsible for recording and maintaining sample fabric yardage files
- Assists management of New Style Add database
- Responsible for coordinating final pricing of product with appropriate leadership
- Provides all product information and specs needed to create printed and digital assets
- Preparing design area with materials necessary to start product development process
- Responsible for maintaining design area at corporate headquarters, which includes organizing fabric swatches and incoming packages
- Order’s fabric swatches from internal Swatch Team and fabric vendors for new sample
- Bachelor’s or combination of college education & related work experience preferred
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office
- Experience assisting in a creative environment
- Must have an interest in home furnishings or interior design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solver
- Can manage timelines efficiently and independently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to travel for up to two weeks (a few times a year on average)
- Design background and industry experience a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.