Product Developer, Personal Protective Equipment
As a leader in Personal Protective Equipment within the Industrial Safety industry, we are looking for a highly motivated & passionate person to join our development team. The Product Developer will drive ideas from conception to production and ensure only innovative and relevant products hit the market. With a high demand for quality from our consumer base this individual must be detail oriented and solution driven. The role will require extensive clear communication between marketing, engineering, design, purchasing and manufacturing. Aside from ensuring the design of the product is accurate, this individual will also be responsible for ensuring cost, quantity and quality targets are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, engineering and end users to develop new and innovative products that follow the project brief
- Work with existing and new suppliers to develop materials, hardware and components
- Evaluate & create technical documentation related to design specifications and revisions
- Request and maintain all samples and documents related to the product for easy identification and reference
- Manage the development of multiple products and maintain milestones and due dates
- Communicate directly with vendors both internationally and domestically during and outside office hours
- Effectively convey issues, modifications or updates of designs to suppliers as well as validating new products meet these specifications
- Understand testing and specification requirements for regulatory bodies relevant to our industry as well as documentation of this information
- Understand product costing, negotiation and how to develop a product to meet cost and quality targets
- Continually look for innovative and technologically advanced materials, manufacturing processes and products
- Manage fit (where applicable), field testing and evaluation of prototypes
- Hand off products to manufacturing team & be able to answer any questions they have
- International and domestic travel on an as-needed basis
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Design, Fashion or similar from an accredited University and/or combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of working experience and product knowledge in hard and/or soft goods
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of materials, construction and manufacturing processes with metal, plastic and cut/sew products
- Sound knowledge of component and product testing and qualification
- Deep understanding of how plastic and metal molds/tools/dies are created. Experience in tool design and qualification a plus
- Experience in personal protective equipment or sporting goods preferred
- Experience in regulated industries a plus (ANSI, ISO, CSA, etc.)
- Must be able to multitask and work in fast paced environment
- Proactive and solution/result-oriented attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Self-starter, able to independently manage, proactively troubleshoot and solve highly complex problems
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams
- Extensive computer experience including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.