Human Resources Manager
They are a leading Apparel company that cares about its products’ quality, the environment and its people. It’s a very energetic and inspiring place to work with team-oriented values. Great perks and a signing bonus!
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. The majority of the role will involve managing the daily functions of the department. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department. They will contribute to the development of the HR Department goals, objectives, and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving HR existing and recommended systems and processes; create department standard operating procedures
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements
- Review and recommend policy and procedure updates in compliance with federal and state employment regulations. Consult with legal counsel as needed
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Manage HR operations for headquarter, retail and remote employees
- Develop job descriptions for new staff positions and coordinate the periodic review and revisions of existing job descriptions
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality
- Maintain and update employee information in HRIS system and ensure accuracy of all data (i.e., salary history, personal information, change history, and other relevant information)
- Coordinate trainings as needed
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health and dental insurance, pension plans, PTO and sick leave, leaves of absence and employee assistance
- Oversee management of EEOC data tracking and reporting
- Perform risk management duties such as investigating accidents or claims. Work with claim adjustor and provide recommendations to management to prevent future claims
- Coordinate and manage Safety Committee and act as a Safety Lead for HQ and retail locations
- Support Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production audits
- Support with FLA accreditation
- Support with payroll as needed
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders, fostering trust and promoting collaboration
- Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- Manage, supervise and evaluate the performance of direct reports to ensure compliance with policies, regulations and operational objectives
- Positive, self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and encouraging of new ideas and directions
- Intelligent, driven, problem- solver, and open-minded to learn new skills
- Able to work quickly without sacrificing quality; detail oriented
- People person who is customer service oriented
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources
- Current PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 3 + years in Human Resources Manager role
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Familiarity with HR software and working knowledge of MS office
- Detail-oriented and organizational nature
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now
- Strong understanding of CA and Federal labor laws
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.