Distribution Operations Manager
Our partner is a privately owned company that has been in business for over 45 years. As a leader in the premium wholesale “blanks” apparel industry and have distribution centers across the United States. They are mill-direct, having exclusive partnerships with several overseas factories which allows them to have an extremely efficient operation with low turnaround time. Their brand is recognized for its unmatched quality, and they are continuing to expand their operation. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established and growing company.
This is a senior leadership operations position responsible for overseeing and directing daily execution in all aspects of Distribution Centers; Fleet Services; Facilities Management, Transportation); Inventory Systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of all buildings, its contents and people. Responsible for building and developing the operations management team along with ensuring a culture of engagement, problem solving and continuous improvement.
- The Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Chief Operations Officer in shaping company strategy, culture, and direction
- Sets strategic direction in alignment with corporate strategy for all aspects of operations
- Responsible for the wholesome, accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible daily work and safety of Distribution Centers, Transportation, Fleet Services, Facilities, Inventory Controls departments and associates
- Supports the COO in the development of the annual Profit Plan with direct input from management team. Oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third-party contracts
- Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies, and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of their goals
- Coordinates with each individual distribution center to analyzes growth of the site against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business
- Champion efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of responsibility and total company. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management
- Monitors audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, safety documentation, DOT records, OSHA etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss
- Oversees emergency response or crisis management activities. Develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development and response effort coordination. Assists Safety Manager with training initiatives
- Drives compliance in utilization of systems in line with standard operating procedures
- Collaborates with Merchandising, Sales Management and Marketing Associates to resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintains on-going
- interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and implements or responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement
- Build a newly formed function Inventory planning team which focuses on a Planning cycle Processes, Cadences, Metrics, data driven culture and strategic outlook for future purchasing decisions, this includes identifying appropriate team structure and effectively coaching and leading that team
- Lead creation of the supply and inventory plans including vendor forecasts and capacity assessments and space related data across the Global supply chain, build the “So what” story, build a consensus plan on actions needed and influences and drives change to meet business requirements as a part of the S&OP cycle
- Interface with Vendors at the right levels to provide forecasts and understand risks to plan delivery and plan and execute risk mitigation measures
- Partners with internal teams and senior leadership (Sales, Tech Services, Production, Finance etc.) in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Develops and owns inventory strategies through efficient, innovative, and relevant dashboard and reports that greater enhances our capability to successfully action on internal/external deliverables
- Providing relevant guidance for planning and reporting tools of supply plans and inventory holdings & projections against targets
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 10 years professional experience with demonstrated progressive levels of management experience (with at least 4 – 5 years in operational management experience)
- Experience in warehouse and transportation preferred
Abilities And Skills:
- Highly Organized with strong communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated knowledge of Inventory Planning and Controls
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all Director level Leadership Framework competencies
- No job too small mentality
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.