Category Manager, Kitchen & Storage
One of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in North America, is seeking an experienced Senior Buyer/Category Manager for its Los Angeles-based New Product Development team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of leveraging eCommerce data to develop new products and successfully managing a full line catalog in the Kitchen and Storage category.
Our New Product Development group is a fast-paced team that designs, develops and launches over 8,000 new products each year. Operating in the Bed, Bath & Decor, Party Supplies, Stationery, Art & Crafts, Office & Small Business, Beauty & Health Aids, Toys & Games, Clothing & Accessories, Novelty & Dress Up, Electronics, and Accessories. They help over 20 million customers each year to find products they love at prices they can afford.
They offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation. If you love creating products, are passionate about results, are always on the hunt for data and are organized to a fault, they would love to have you join their fun, fast-paced team!
- Identify new product sourcing opportunities in the Kitchen and Storage category across major e-commerce channels
- Work with our in-house Analytics Team to validate demand and competition for each new product type
- Work with our in-house Design Team to create individual products that uniquely fit what consumers are seeking online
- Work with our China based Sourcing Team to quote and validate production samples (quality/features)
- Work with our Merchandising Team to ensure that products are presented to consumers in a manner consistent with the initial thesis driving the product
- Review the success/failure of the product catalog and adjust development decisions and process to reflect learnings
- Meet and exceed quarterly goals for new product development, success rate, and sales/profit
- 4-5 years’ experience developing products in the Kitchen and Storage category
- 2-3 years’ experience working with remote sourcing teams and / or factories to develop products
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize new opportunities
- Strong internet-based research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.