Director of Logistics and Warehouse Operations
We are working with a very exciting company that is in the Textile world producing Upholstery and Wall Covering products. They design and create innovative products that have kept the company on top as one of the best companies in this arena. They design in the US and produce overseas. They continue to have double digit growth and have a bright future. They offer full benefits and room for growth.
The Director of Logistics and Warehouse Operations will work in close partnership with the entire Operations team and the VP of Supply Chain, charged with creating a new paradigm for the Company’s logistics planning in order to keep pace with the company’s aggressive growth plans. He/she will help communicate and champion the freight and logistics vision and translate it into practicable, tactical actions yielding improved customer satisfaction, profitability and have a high-level control over the warehouse operations and metrics with the warehouse manager as a direct report.
• Manage and track the inbound and outbound shipping activities through the logistics partners and carriers
• Ensure compliance with trade regulations and documentation
• Monitor and manage freight budgets. Negotiate rates and contracts to align with growth objectives
• Review and approve weekly freight invoices for inbound/outbound shipments and duty statements for imports
• Determine, verify and maintain proper HTS codes of each product within the ERP system throughout the life cycle of the product
• Respond to and resolve complaints and issues
• High level supervision over warehouse operations reporting on KPIs and deliverables
• Own and manage the cycle count and physical inventory count processes
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in engineering, business, supply chain management or logistics
• Minimum 5 years of experience in inbound/outbound, international/domestic logistics and warehouse operations in a manufacturing or distribution environment
• Minimum 5 years of experience in customs clearance, brokerage, harmonized tariff system, international trade agreements for import and export
• ERP systems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Sheets
• Highly analytical and strategic thinker
• Excellent cross functional communication skills
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.