This is a global company, an international Billion-dollar brand, that is continuing to grow. They have numerous plants in the US and have a very diversified product line from Aerospace to Tire Cord. This is a company that you can advance and grow with. Solid benefits and bonus plan. This location is Lancaster. Check it out, great location.
• Effectively design new products and manage the life-cycle of existing products/components to meet customer requirements while ensuring cost-effective manufacturability, whether manufactured internally or externally
• Lead new product development for assigned products/product group
• Support the operations team with engineering, technical knowledge, and decisions regarding the products and processes used for their manufacture
• Manage product regulatory compliance for assigned product lines
• Work in collaboration with all appropriate disciplines within Company
• Obtains an in-depth understanding of product design which allows for standard products and special customer requirements to be successfully designed and manufactured
• Designs customer specials within the scope of departmental responsibilities
• Works with Applications Engineers to understand customer requirements with respect to specific product designs. Understands critical dimensions and is able to convey that to our suppliers through drawings or conversations to help ensure appropriate product design and quality
• Provide engineering support for Supplier Qualification efforts
• Acts as a resource for materials, plating and heat-treating technical questions, including appropriate research into new areas that are currently unfamiliar to us
• Work with the Manufacturing Engineer and other Product team members to recommend or assist with the transition of a purchased part to a manufactured in-house item
• Respond in a timely manner to Product ADS’s and lead approved projects through the system
• Assures manufacturability of products through coordinated efforts with product suppliers, and/or manufacturing engineering and production
• Able to converse professionally with customers or product suppliers as required to ensure customer’s needs are met. Travel to supplier locations or customer sites may be necessary to work through design or quality issues
• Interfaces with Quality to help determine critical dimensions for inspection, best practices in inspection methods, and provides input into product quality issues
• Coordinates and/or performs testing of new product designs to ensure product designs meet quality and design specification criteria. This includes compliance to regulations that the market requires. (Ex: Reach, Rohs, FDA, etc.)
• Interfaces and coordinates with New Product Development on new product design projects to help ensure manufacturing needs are met
• Responsible for all documentation associated with the assigned products (manufactured or purchased), including drawings, revisions level document control, and communication of updates to bills of materials, routings, etc. Develops, organizes and maintains the drawing database and keeps buyers and suppliers current on latest revisions
• Initiates and may lead ECR changes related to product design changes, catalog issues, quality concerns, supplier differences or as a result of changing customer requirements or customer feedback
• Effectively communicates with other associates throughout the organization
• Participates in and leads project teams as needed
• Promote Company Values and Behaviors at all times
Education and/or Relative Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.S.)
• Minimum three to five years of product design experience
• Experience with designing and manufacturing of a product
• Proficiency in Solidworks with advances knowledge of table drive models/ assemblies/drawings
• Versed in Lean/ Six Sigma tools
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.