Director of Supply Chain
This is an international $20 Billion-dollar Company that is a worldwide recognized brand. They continue to innovate and grow and hire some of the best minds in the world. They have numerous plants in the US and have a very diversified product line from Aerospace to Tire Cord. This is a company that you can advance and grow with. Solid benefits and bonus plan. This location is Lancaster. Check it out, great location. They have a brand-new office where they have ergonomic sit/stand desk, ½ day Fridays, pickleball court and many other employee friendly perks including great PTO and Benefits. If you are serious about your career and are looking for work/life balance, this is a great company to look at.
Safety 1st: Responsible for all personal safety as well as the safety of other around them. Responsible to operate all assigned equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Responsible for identifying potential hazards in the workplace and reporting them for entry in our Near Miss or Hazard ID database.
Quality 2nd: Responsible for Product quality with an unyielding commitment to “protect the brand”.
Productivity 3rd: Responsible to keep production running within established guidelines, work instructions and according to the schedule and/or direction of management.
Basic Scope/Purpose: (The job’s primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization) Directs and coordinates strategic purchasing, planning, fulfillment, logistics, transportation, and vendor selection activities to manage costs, improve accuracy, and drive high quality customer service. Strategically manage and partner with our supplier network to mitigate risks and drive continuous improvement into our products. Lead and develop S&OP processes, collaborating with planning, sales, and product management. Ensures that all equipment and processes meet or exceed safety standards. Seeks to continually improve people, processes, and assets through introduction of new technology, new processes and or new concepts. Participates in developing annual operational plan and executes according to plan.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
• Direct the activities of all Purchasing Department personnel
• Lead tactical and strategic functions of global supply chain including coordination with stakeholders for planning, demand management, and inventory
• Develop, implement, maintain, and lead standard operating procedures across the global supply chain
• Manage our domestic and export freight contracts, processes, and adherence to regulations
• Locate and develop sources for required materials, supplies, and/or services
• Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality, cost, and delivery requirements
• Identify and implement new cost reduction initiatives through competitive bids, negotiations, and/or process changes
• Manage contract negotiation and written agreements with suppliers
• Direct supply chain processes for sales order fulfillment, inventory management, and raw material purchases
• Oversee improvement of balance sheet management process, including cycle count accuracy, cycle time, WIP, and terms
• Optimize supply chain activities to improve business performance in cycle time, cost, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and inventory/cash flow
• Establish inventory policies with site leaders and commercial organization
• Benchmark supply chain processes to understand industry trends and best practices
• Develops bench strength through individual coaching, leadership development, timely performance reviews
• Ensures that all facets of warehouse and transportation operations are performed safely and in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations
• Listens and takes appropriate action based upon the Voice of the Customer
• Ensure teams are focused on goals that are aligned with strategic objectives, budget priorities and product team initiatives
• Participates in budgeting process by proposing staffing plan, capital plan, and continuous improvement plan that allow team to meet or exceed expectations
• Partner with other functional areas (HR, HSE, IT, Finance, etc.) to fulfill execution of relevant business objectives
• Executes ISO quality plan and modifies it based upon the changing needs of the customer and organization
• Provide leadership, direction, and resources essential to maintain EHS policies, rules, and work instructions as the fundamental priority in all operations
• Actively participate in and support associate participation in EHS program activities
• Provide timely and appropriate follow-up to recommendations made by associates
• Review and revise policies, rules, and work instructions to adapt to changing business needs
• Set a good example by following EHS safe work practices, policies, rules, and work instructions Engage the workforce through safety contacts and floor walks that address housekeeping, safety inspections and safety observations
• Ensure hazards, near miss, injuries, and unsafe acts and conditions are reported through the incident database
• Reinforce safety margins through active participation in incident investigations, corrective actions managed shift changes, toolbox talks, pre-tasking, STOP WORK, and task scanning
Career Progression Opportunities: (example: junior or senior levels)
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering, Manufacturing/Business Management, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 7-10 years working in a manufacturing environment
• 7-10 years of direct supervisory experience
• Proven track record of managing a facility P&L
• Experience in sourcing globally, especially Europe and China
• Experience with polymers, elastomers, and textile preferred
• Knowledge of all aspects of materials management, including negotiating, strategic and tactical purchasing, production planning and forecasting, supplier cost, quality, delivery, forecasting, and inventory control
• Ability to formulate and implement materials sourcing strategies in support of business goals
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills, as well as ability to establish credibility throughout the organization and with suppliers and customers
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits
• Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
• Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
• Time Management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.