This is a global company, an international Billion-dollar brand, that is continuing to grow. They have numerous plants in the US and have a very diversified product line from Aerospace to Tire Cord. This is a company that you can advance and grow with. Solid benefits and bonus plan. This location is Lancaster. Check it out, great location.
• Develop and perform laboratory experiments and analysis with consultation from the project team to recommend solutions to project-specific problems
• Serve as chemistry lead for products and projects needing formulation changes
• Support manufacturing and quality on issues related to current material formulations
• Raw material product stewardship: support regulatory compliance on existing and new raw materials
• Perform routine maintenance and calibration tests on lab test equipment
• Collaborate with all appropriate disciplines within company
• Must have general knowledge of standard lab practices
• Collect, document, and report on test data – strictly adhering to best practices for data integrity
• Effectively use experimental design (DOE) tools to build and analyze experimental test sets
• Operate computer-controlled test equipment and analyze data
• Ability to use various measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.). Computer literate with working knowledge of LIMS, MiniTab and Microsoft Suite. Chemistry Laboratory Proficiency, including titration, FTIR, DSC, viscometry, etc.
• Develop new tests and document the associated work instructions
• Experimentally evaluate key technologies and materials that can be leveraged by sales, marketing, NPD, quality, and operations
• Strong attention to detail, ability to organize job priorities, and effectively manage multiple projects. Good problem solving and analytical skills, mechanical aptitude, and ability
• Operate in accordance with ISO procedures for product development and customer related processes
• Deliver and communicate agreed-upon results for projects
• Communicate internal presentations to project leadership, using specified formats
• Make recommendations to Product Development/Applications regarding processing methods to be used for new products
• Provide materials and data to customers, as requested by senior associates
• Provide routine testing of production materials as needed (NCO, Mix Cure, etc.)
• Understand and adhere to SDS for all materials used. Strictly use appropriate PPE
• Implement strong safe-work practices and encourage others to do the same
• Work with supply chain to provide technical expertise in evaluating new and current raw materials or processes. Ensure SDS are filed on SiteHawk for all new raw materials
• Design elementary test fixtures for use in product analysis, with consultation from project engineers
• Coordinate with other associates in the lab to maximize efficient use of resources
• Work toward the greater good for the company, especially in cross-functional teams
• Must have good verbal/written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skill
• Provide recommendations to internal cross-functional teams on effective use of chemistry
• Maintain and promote Company values and behaviors at all times
Education and/or Relative Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university; or related discipline and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.