Medical Weaving Specialist
We are working with a Global Manufacturer of Industrial and Medical Textiles. They are established and well respected in the industry and continue to grow. They are an international company with multiple US locations and are a publicly traded company. This is a good group of people. They offer a base salary (or Hourly if you prefer) + bonus and full benefits. Relocation is also provided.
We are searching for someone that has a background as a Weaving Technician and knows their way around the shop floor and the Looms. Must be strong in Weaving. These guys run stuff around 40” wide, so not narrow and not wide. Very technical fabrics, and small denier.
Lead Weaver for growing biomedical textile company:
- 10-15 years’ experience weaving
- Responsible for technical development of woven PET biomedical structures such as double cloth tubular, bifurcating, Leno, and tapered fabrics and tapes made on Jacquard multi-shuttle loom and/or Dobby loom
- Responsible for maintaining equipment by performing preventative maintenance tasks, troubleshooting technical/mechanical issues, and performing routine cleaning, performance and safety checks
- Responsible for working with engineering team to review weaving patterns and warping plans, to suggest improvements, and to set up Jacquard and Dobby looms to run various given patterns. Although the ability to read and interpret weaving patterns is a necessary skill, the ability to create weaving patterns and program them into an electronic machine is not absolutely necessary.
- Must be detail-oriented, innovative, self-motivated, and have the ability to collaborate with others well
- Must be willing and able to teach a new generation the art and logic of weaving
Preferred experience (not required):
- 5-7 years’ experience working in R&D
- Experience working in other textile-forming and/or medical operations such as: warping, warp knitting, weft knitting, braiding, scouring, heat setting, mechanical testing, or QA inspection
- Experience working within a medical quality system, or similarly rigorous quality system
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.