Quality Engineer, Textiles
This multi-billion dollar privately held Medical Company has numerous divisions with one being in Textiles. They have a new office building that offers a Gym, Cafeteria, Yoga, a bank and lots of other amenities. They offer great benefits and 401K and private transportation from the rail. They are located 45 minutes north of Chicago so you can live in the City or in the Burbs. This is an amazing company with amazing people and could be a great move for you. They have a very fair relocation package as well. This move is going to be a game changer for someone.
Our Client has an immediate opening for Quality Engineer supporting our Textiles Product Division. Under broad supervision, responsible for independently setting basic quality standards for both in-process while leading efforts to develop methods for testing, sampling and training. Evaluate production process, recommend improvements, qualify and conduct vendor management, generate and maintain DMR’s, product specifications, design control files, and CE technical files.
- Manage the development and implementation of methods and procedures for process control, process validation, process improvement, testing, and inspection to ensure that products are ideal and functional
- Design experiments to understand sources of variation affecting products and processes. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Design and perform experimental product testing and analysis to maintain quality levels and minimize defects and failure rates. Generate and analyze reports and defective products to determine trends and lead corrective actions. Use concepts of probability and statistical quality control to guide decisions
- Direct and collaborate with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensure corrective action implementation (CAPA, SCAR), and contribute to supplier quality improvement programs. Lead supplier qualifications
- Provide Quality expertise in Product Development, Design Control activities, Risk Management, and CE Technical Files
- Responsible for building appropriate product documentation (e.g. Device Master Records) in compliance with applicable regulations. Work with Regulatory Groups and Suppliers to produce 510K submissions, letters to file, etc., as required
- Coordinate product testing with internal and external laboratories as required
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international regulations associated with product lines and processes. Perform quality reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality documents and company quality records
- Lead investigations of product and process non-conformances and out-of-specification results and develop effective corrective and preventive actions (CAPA)
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Math or other related technical field
- At least 2 years of experience in the Quality or Engineering
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives, and determining when escalation of issues is necessary
- Experience using time management skills to prioritize, organize, and track details in order to meet deadlines of multiple projects
- Experience problem solving, overcoming obstacles, and reaching a positive and successful solution through mathematical or systematic operations
- Experience using MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate Skill Level in Microsoft Excel (for example: conditional formatting, tables, formulas, charting)
- Working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards (e.g. 21 CFR 820, ISO13485)
Preferred Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years of textiles experience
- Proficient knowledge of the textile industry
- Experience with textile testing
- Working in Textiles manufacturing
- Industrial laundry
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.