We are working with one of the largest branded (top recognized brands) and private label suppliers of home textile products in the world with products sold globally to every key retail group, from opening price point to luxury. Due to significant growth, this leading marketer and manufacturer of window, bath, fashion bedding and accessories is looking for a Designer that will collaborate and assist the Senior Design Director in creating outstanding designs and in the development of product ideas, presentations and sample prototypes from initial concept to final sample handed off to production. This is a contract role with the potential to become a permanent position. This is a hybrid role with work from home/remote and in office work at the company office near Irvington, NY. Ideal candidate will be based in NY, NJ, CT with the ability to work near Irvington, NY as needed.
- Collaborate and assist Senior Design Director on creating original and saleable designs across multiple product categories for Home
- Keep up on key trends, social media and customers important to the group
- Create original designs and/or reinterpret purchased artwork into new designs
- Ability to prepare mill ready artwork files
- Create spec sheets and tech packs for designs to be given to mills instructing them on size, fabrication, etc.
- Communicate with overseas offices and/or mills to oversee developments from start to finish
- Create design presentations and attend design and sales meetings
- Initiate new concepts for fabrications, techniques and pattern
- Degree in textile/surface design
- Bedding and bath experience required, window experience is a plus
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years design related experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must have strong knowledge of print, pattern and repeats
- Knowledge of woven and printed fabrics
- Strong color sense
- Desire to learn, grow and be creative
- Well organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and work well with people
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.