Vice President, Product Development
This leading and innovative supplier of Bedding, Sleep, and Home Comfort products, with proprietary products and coveted national brands has experienced extreme growth in the last several years and is looking for a Vice President, Product Development to be based in their new Houston, Texas facility.
The Vice President, Product Development will oversee the creation and design of products for the company’s core businesses that demand constant innovation for top of bed, utility bedding, mattress and comfort/sleep accessories. The position will own the full life cycle of product development functions and drive innovative products to market, ensuring the company is on the leading edge of innovations.
The Position will report to the Chief Innovation Officer (CIO).
- Drive the overall Product Development strategy and execution
- Product Suite Curation: Oversee top of bed product lines, product lifecycle management ensuring proper merchandising and brand alignment for new and existing products
- Drive product needs based on aesthetics, SKU counts, packaging, and digital assets in a manner that communicates a clear brand mission
- Promotional: Oversight of the development and execution of promotions and marketing activities to improve market share
- Lead the development and implementation of go-to-market strategy, create and execute a roll-out strategy for broad market penetration within retailer communities for company and licensed brands
- Utilize industry relationships, stimulating retailer/vendor interest and engagement
- Travel to various showrooms and industry trade shows in the US, work with major distributors, vendors, and top retailers
- Visual Merchandising strategy and execution oversight with retailer and major distributor inputs
- At least 5 years of Product Development leadership experience in the basic bedding world (top of bed products, accessories, sleep technologies, mattress, pillows, etc.)
- Branded and licensing experience
- History of bringing innovative products to market
- Experience traveling to and working with overseas vendors in the Product Development process
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with domestic and international teams
- Tenacious, Highly organized, strong attention to detail, history of meeting deadlines
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.