We are working with a global leader in the production of resin, synthetic rubber, synthetic fibers and filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, elastomer/polymer compounds and other applications for the automotive, medical, footwear, consumer goods, and various industrial applications.
The company is looking for a Project Engineer for their Houston, Texas location. This position reports to the Project Engineering & Maintenance Leader.
Full benefits including health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k) with matching, Tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, referral program, FSA, HAS, relocation assistance, employee assistance program
The job involves leading projects in the range of $50,000 to $5 million total installed cost, and managing a CAPEX budget of $5MMUSD/yr. The job will involve a wide range of projects that include expansions, modifications, and upgrades to production plant and associated plant and site infrastructure and facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ten years of project experience, of which five years being in a chemical manufacturing process environment
- Strong knowledge of process equipment and their functions
- Knowledge of the different engineering discipline roles
- Proficient in project management processes
- Broad technical experience
- Experience with problem solving / troubleshooting and data analysis
- Ability to read P&ID’s and instrument loops sheets
- Experienced in commissioning of new projects within a petrochemical process
- Experienced in troubleshooting process and control issues in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skill set in organization and prioritizing projects and work load
- Must be a self-starter, who is highly motivated, able to take the initiative on projects, and able to work without supervision
- Ability to follow processes and procedures, as well as develop and implement them
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is required, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Experience in all project phases (Definition, Design, Procurement, Construction, and Start-up/Commissioning)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.