Operations Shift Supervisor
We are working with a global leader in the production of resin, synthetic rubber, synthetic fibers and filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, elastomer/polymer compounds and other applications for the automotive, medical, footwear, consumer goods, and various industrial applications.
The company is looking for an Operations Shift Supervisor for their Houston, Texas location. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Full benefits including health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k) with matching, Tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, referral program, FSA, HAS, relocation assistance, employee assistance program.
The Operations Shift Supervisor will lead a shift in the plant site. The supervisor will ensure shift goals for safety, environmental, quality, and production are consistently met. The supervisor will communicate issues and improvement ideas to organization and mentor and develop operators on shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct supervisor for operators on shift
- Fulfill all operator roles per scheduled rotation
- Ensures shift goals for safety, environmental, quality, and production are consistently met and exceeded
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training, demonstrated commitment to and support of EHS principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Coordinates all activities to be completed on shift, and contacts other resources necessary to achieve shift goals
- Uses trouble shooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems
- Uses process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and operating discipline
- Begins and participates in Root Cause Investigations to drive process improvements
- Mentors operators on shift to complete training, develop future leaders, and share process and product knowledge
- Provides on-the-spot and semi-annual performance feedback to operators on shift
- Communicates with other shifts and day staff about problems, resolutions, and improvement ideas through various methods (Logbook, e-mail, Ecesis, etc.)
- Works with EH&S, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, and Technology personnel to identify and implement corrective actions to address plant and process issues
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Leader
- 8+ years in Chemical Manufacturing Setting required, 12+ years preferred
- Must have proven record of leading groups either formally or informally
- Previous TSM plant experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to be fully certified in all Operations positions within 1 year of acceptance of position
- Basic level skills at Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Comfortable with different types of computer systems (Honeywell DCS, SAP, databases, etc.)
- Safety – Executes all responsibilities with a Safety First mindset; Champions EHS principles and values
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Shares expertise with others
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
- High school diploma required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.