Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are working with a global leader in the production of resin, synthetic rubber, synthetic fibers and filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, elastomer/polymer compounds and other applications for the automotive, medical, footwear, consumer goods, and various industrial applications.
The company is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer for their Houston, Texas location. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Full benefits including health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k) with matching, Tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, referral program, FSA, HAS, relocation assistance, employee assistance program.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will lead the plant operational excellence program and related continuous improvement efforts. Develop and drive continuous improvement projects to completion to improve the safety, production, uptime, efficiency, and quality of the site. Provide support to other project leaders. Track OpEx program results and ensure related KPI’s/goals are met. Ensure projects are sustainable and ensure operability of new processes and equipment prior to handing off to operations. Areas of Improvement focus include: Operating Discipline, Process Optimization, Management Systems, Work Processes, Productivity, and First Pass Quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate ideas for and supports the execution of continuous improvement projects to improve plant performance against KPI’s and goals
- Leads the plant OpEx/CI program and Champions all related initiatives/programs
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training, demonstrated commitment to and support of EHS principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Coordinate resources to prioritize and effectively complete said initiatives
- Uses process knowledge, technologies, and skills to make improvements in plant safety, environmental performance, production performance, quality performance, and operating discipline
- Stays abreast of the latest technical developments and identifies potential applications for continuous improvement
- Uses trouble shooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems
- Assist with the development of the scopes of projects, cost estimates, drawings, etc.
- Assist with the creation of plans to implement projects
- Coordinates with Technology Team, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations Teams on project development, planning, implementation, and sustainment
- Participates in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews and makes changes as necessary
- Communicate project benefits, costs, and status to necessary personnel
- Mentors other OpEx/CI Project Leaders
- Track and ensure OpEx related KPI’s/Goals are achieved
- Follows up to determine operability, sustainability, and effectiveness of OpEx/CI projects and initiatives
- Prepares and submits reports to management on the health of the OpEx/CI program and progress toward goals and expectations
- Participates in 24 hour on-call rotation with other professional technical personnel on site
- Other duties as assigned by Technology Leader or Plant Manager
- Strong knowledge of process equipment and functions
- Experience/Certification in 6 Sigma and/or Lean Methodologies is strongly desired
- Intermediate level skills at Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with databases, statistical software and SAP preferred
- 8+ years in Chemical Manufacturing Setting required, 12+ years preferred
- Previous experience leading process performance improvement projects in chemical manufacturing strongly preferred
- Safety – Executes all responsibilities with a Safety First mindset; Champions EHS principles and values
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Shares expertise with others
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.