This local yarn textile manufacturer is in search of experience applicant for a department management position. This company has been in business for 140 years. They have over 400 customers and make 14 different type of products. They are diversified and did not do any layoffs during covid. They offer full benefits of H/D and 401K and ST and LT Disability packages. They run three 8 hour shifts, mostly M-F. They have 125 employees.
• Facilitating the growth of team while maintaining an efficient, cost-effective department
• Provides leadership through strong work ethics
• Schedules production
• Defines goals
• Maintains responsibility for all resources, people, machines, and materials
• Communicates with team and plant management of the progress, status of operation, issues, etc.
• Enforces company policies
• Keeps team focused on goals, productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, and housekeeping
• Understand different properties of fiber and how they relate to work in progress
• Perform quality testing on new/existing products to ensure customer expectations are being met
• Assist with the implementation of new equipment or projects that help with process improvement
• Initiate counseling with associates including participation in safety incident reviews
Applicants should be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and be able to comprehend costs, budgets, standards, etc. Applicant should also be computer literate and have excellent communication skills.
4-year college degree or 2-year associate degree with 3 – 5 years’ experience in textile preferred. Black Belt/Lean Manufacturing a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.